What TV show are you streaming right now?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Watched Damsel on Netflix, really good.

Watched To Kill A Tiger on Netflix. Makes you disgusted and want to throw up with how cultures treat young girls who get raped. A 13 year old is gang raped and everyone blames the girl and says she’s **** and the only solution is she marries one of the rapists. I know these cultures exist, but this documentary is so emotionally aggravating.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Just started Death and Other Details on Hulu. First episode was interesting, but we'll see if it actually ends up as clever as it seems to be projecting.

We just finished D&OD last night. The series started off pretty strong, but it sure did fizzle the last four episodes.

We've got a couple of episodes of the Apple's "Masters of the Air" left, but my interest is wavering on that as well (which is why we have episodes waiting).

Struggling to find anything worthwhile right now. I guess we need to check out Shogun maybe.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
We just finished D&OD last night. The series started off pretty strong, but it sure did fizzle the last four episodes.

We've got a couple of episodes of the Apple's "Masters of the Air" left, but my interest is wavering on that as well (which is why we have episodes waiting).

Struggling to find anything worthwhile right now. I guess we need to check out Shogun maybe.
We just dropped it. My wife was getting bored with it and I didn't like it enough to push her into finishing it.

Just started The Regime last night (HBO, Kate Winslet) and it seems pretty damn quirky, but the first episode made it seem like it has possibilities.

Reactions: TXCyclones

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Haven't watched any of Shogun yet. Watched the first episode of Manhunt last night. Show is on Apple+ about Edwin Stanton's search for John Wilkes Booth. Kinda wild seeing Anthony Boyle (plays Crosby in Masters of the Air) playing Booth. First episode was good, looking forward to continuing it. Apple+ is easily putting out the best stuff right now.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I watched the first episode of "Shogun" a few days ago...not a great idea during March Madness. Really tempted to binge through it.

Really one of the most beautifully made shows or movies I've ever seen. Only first episode but WOW. I have no idea how they find the budget for a show like this.

It's only a limited series but I almost kind of like that because something can just be like a perfect long movie without inevitably hitting a wall and jumping the Shark. I rewatched the Watchmen series not that long ago and it's so perfect that it's just 9 episodes and never gets bad.

Reactions: bos

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The Gentlemen on Netflix is really good.

Reactions: urb1

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Haven't watched any of Shogun yet. Watched the first episode of Manhunt last night. Show is on Apple+ about Edwin Stanton's search for John Wilkes Booth. Kinda wild seeing Anthony Boyle (plays Crosby in Masters of the Air) playing Booth. First episode was good, looking forward to continuing it. Apple+ is easily putting out the best stuff right now.
We are in on this too. They also have that Benjamin Franklin one coming out with Michael Douglas that looks pretty good.

Reactions: TXCyclones

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
How is Resident Alien? The trailer looks pretty good but I can see how it could be a good premise but a bad show.

It's better than you might think. I wasn't enthralled with the pilot, but the second episode was much better.

A little like "Santa Clarita Diet" in that the absurd plot twists always seem to work out. Probably no out-and-out dislikable characters besides the ruthless FBI agents out to get him.

"Harry" is progressing from evil psychopath bent on destroying the world into half-human trying to save it.

There is also some laugh-out-loud commentary on modern-day society as viewed by an alien.

Reactions: zumbro clones

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
I watched the first episode of "Shogun" a few days ago...not a great idea during March Madness. Really tempted to binge through it.

Really one of the most beautifully made shows or movies I've ever seen.

Agree mostly, but Anjin is very badly cast. It's like watching the bug from "Men in Black" putting on the human body and then channeling Richard Burton.

Richard Chamberlain was so much better in that role in the miniseries from 1980, and even Tom Cruise did a better job as a parallel figure in "The Last Shogun".

Very glad they decided to include the Japanese, but then every other language is given in English when it's supposed to be Portuguese (sort of like all the Nazis in the old WWII films who spoke perfect British English).

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Its weird and fun. Alan Tudyk is a great actor and plays this one perfectly.

Second this, solid show worth a watch if you're looking for something light. Mostly family friendly too, if you're looking for something to watch when they kids are around.

Him and the kid who knows he's an alien going back and forth is really funny.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I enjoyed Ozark so much the first time, I'm watching it all over again on Netflix 2 years later. What an amazing series. Can't get enough of Marty, Wendy, and Ruth!

Reactions: Bigman38

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Had to take a break from basketball, watched a couple movies.

Road House - huge nostalgia for me with the original so I went into this purposely thinking of it as having nothing to do with the original and ignoring every line that mentioned The Road House. As a mindless action flick, it was actually above average. Sure, some big storyline issues and suspect acting/writing, but I enjoyed it more than a lot of serious action flicks these day. Jake G did a good job for his role and while I despise Conor McGregor, his flamboyant over the top villain role took me back to 80s action flicks.

Ricky Stanicky - I can barely even fake a laugh at most comedy movies these days, they just aren’t what they used to be. But I find myself chuckling a bit to Zac Efron and John Cena comedies with the mindset of a low budget, low bar 90 mins of no brain effort entertainment. I don’t know if it was my mood or what, but I actually laughed quite a bit with this one. Yeah, it’s an over the top, cliche storyline, but put that aside and just try to enjoy it. If you do that, it’s actually pretty damn decent.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron