What TV show are you streaming right now?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I read the 3 Body Problem a few years ago when it kind of became an international phenomenon.

I’m watching the Netflix show and the show is way better.

Reactions: zumbro clones

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Got through one season season of The Bear. Slow development the whole time with each character.

I just couldn't, I really tried but I don’t get it. I worked in Chicago restaurants right after college so I even have some nostalgia for parts of it.

I give Shogun 9/10 and rewatched HBO Watchmen and still find it 10/10. I wonder if limited series is actually better than film and series formats.

Reactions: zumbro clones

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I just couldn't, I really tried but I don’t get it. I worked in Chicago restaurants right after college so I even have some nostalgia for parts of it.

I give Shogun 9/10 and rewatched HBO Watchmen and still find it 10/10. I wonder if limited series is actually better than film and series formats.

The Watchmen was fantastic. I am still so pissed off there wasn't additional seasons!

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
My wife and I just finished Season 3 of True Detective on HBO and I feel like it was the best season of the 4. This "series" is supposed to be interrelated, but in reality only Season 1 and Season 4 have anything in common. Season 2 is an outlier entirely. We watched them out of order 1, 4, 2, 3.

I started Shogun last night, which is pretty good, but... my ADHD and subtitles just don't do well together so I find myself having to backup often.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Been watching the Wheel of Time. It's ok.
We watched the first season and a couple episodes of the second. I think I was more interested in it than my wife, as I have read maybe 9 of the books (which I think helped me understand what was going on way better than she did). We got sidetracked with other things, and haven't gone back, mainly because I don't think my wife is real keen on it.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
We watched the first season and a couple episodes of the second. I think I was more interested in it than my wife, as I have read maybe 9 of the books (which I think helped me understand what was going on way better than she did). We got sidetracked with other things, and haven't gone back, mainly because I don't think my wife is real keen on it.
It's decent. Gets a little girl powery for me but that's kind of the point of the series. Juxtaposition of female and male power struggles. The pace gets a bit slow at times but nothing terrible. Just about through the first season.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
My wife and I just finished Season 3 of True Detective on HBO and I feel like it was the best season of the 4. This "series" is supposed to be interrelated, but in reality only Season 1 and Season 4 have anything in common. Season 2 is an outlier entirely. We watched them out of order 1, 4, 2, 3.

I started Shogun last night, which is pretty good, but... my ADHD and subtitles just don't do well together so I find myself having to backup often.
Season 1 hands down. Season 3 starts out great, but, uh, this image still represents it well.
2siu6l.jpg

How are 1 and 4 connected?

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Season 1 hands down. Season 3 starts out great, but, uh, this image still represents it well.
2siu6l.jpg

How are 1 and 4 connected?

1711466246134.png

In Season 3 they allude to the occurrences from Season 1 and briefly show this symbol below.
1711466373588.png

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Got through one season season of The Bear. Slow development the whole time with each character.

I also recently binged Season 1. I admit I was shocked to see it and the actors win awards for comedy. Very dark. I literally hated almost every character at some point or another. But I am hooked and can't wait to stream Season 2.

Reactions: cycloneworld

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I also recently binged Season 1. I admit I was shocked to see it and the actors win awards for comedy. Very dark. I literally hated almost every character at some point or another. But I am hooked and can't wait to stream Season 2.

The Bear is one of my all time favorite shows. Season 1 was great, but Season 2 is even better. SO good!

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023

It’s more of a slower character development show so I can see why some lost interest in Season 1. It all kind of comes together in Season 2 if you make it that far.
Yeah definitely not a comedy and I’m not sure what category you’d classify it under. Let us know how you feel about Season 2.

It’s “different” in how it showcases the characters. I won’t go further due to spoilers but in my opinion is one of the best seasons of television in years.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

CivEFootball

Sep 16, 2010
But did he throw away money in the first episode?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron