What do we do to change our luck??

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I think Arnaud's struggles are partly due to a lack of confidence in his receivers.

What I saw at the game was a QB with plenty of time, receivers being open at last short yardage, and AA throwing the ball into the ground 5 feet in front of the receivers feet.

On the other hand, AA ran like a bull. I know the kid is trying and I'm sure this is mental but by the 5th game of the year this mental thing should be gone.

aauummm

June is National Camping Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I think that maybe the stadium or parking lots were built on an old sacred Indian burial ground. We need to get some descendants of Custer and Geronimo to come and do some mumbo-jumbo to dispel the effects of the intrusion into the sacred area.

We brought back Trice's nephew for a game and that didn't help, so Trice must not have anything to do with a curse (if there was one).

:jimlad:

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
I think that maybe the stadium or parking lots were built on an old sacred Indian burial ground. We need to get some descendants of Custer and Geronimo to come and do some mumbo-jumbo to dispel the effects of the intrusion into the sacred area.

We brought back Trice's nephew for a game and that didn't help, so Trice must not have anything to do with a curse (if there was one).

:jimlad:

We need a priest; and about 8 747s filled with Holy Water. Dump it on the stadium; the team and all the fans on Homecoming. Problem solved. Seriously this team is cursed; Kansas is gonna mess us up this weekend.

Reactions: aauummm

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Haha me too. I was laughing as I left the game. As in, can anyone else think of something else that can go wrong. You could only laugh that ending away or drink it away and I did both yesterday.

I was the same way. I can't even get mad anymore...all you can really do is take a step back and realize just how ridiculous our luck is. I gave myself all of 5 seconds to be excited about the Williams touchdown before I turned to my buddy and told him we would miss this PAT. Nothing is easy, and no breaks ever go our way...and it has gotten to the point where it is nothing more than commical.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
Do we need to sacrifice some form of livestock outside The Jake?? I'm up for anything.

Honestly, I actually laughed a little bit yesterday. That is not suppose to happen and wierd stuff like that happens to us all the time. If you think about it, it's kind of creepy.

Let me know if any of you crazy college students think of anything. I'm willing to drive up for some sort of ritual.

Free adjustments for all? Might be a cure for the swine flu on top of that......

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
New Logo???

That could be it. ISU has some very good MOJO using the late 70's decal, including the '07 win vs Iowa, which no one predicted.

ISU was on a good roll with Earl Bruce in the late 70's. Then, Woody Hayes punches that Clemson kid and Earl is Headed to Columbus. It appears to me that the Curse was in the process of Reversing, until the Woody Punch.

Any thoughts?????

Woody Hayes destroyed Iowa State football !!!!!!! The only solution is for each of us as Cyclone fans to find one of the opposing fans in the stands and give them a knuckle sandwich. It is the only way. :yes:

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
What we need to do is start a culture of winning among the players, fans, coaches and everyone else involved with the program. Every person that supports ISU that steps into Jack Trice should expect not just a narrow win, but a resounding victory for Iowa State football. What we need is for athletics to not give up on a coach because of one or two or three seasons. What we need is for a coach who won't give up on ISU because of one or two or three seasons. We need leadership for the team that will stick around for 10-20 years, not just to build one year's worth of potential, but to build recruiting contacts and start a pipeline for recruiting excellent players who currently are being taken by bigger name schools like Florida, Texas, and USC just to spend their college career sitting on the bench. I think that our current coach has what it takes, but we might just have to wait a couple years to realize it. I think that once his first class of recruits have reached their junior year, there will be some big changes in store for Iowa State football.

Wow. That sounds like a lot of work. Sacrificing a farm animal at mid field would be much easier.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
How about some luck? Try Mizzou getting the holding call negating the touchdown? How about an inbound pass to Ronnie Virgil with little time left swishing through for a W? Any one else got one?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Get Koch back in a uniform.

Hey, let's throw a bomb out of the gate. We are way too conservative in our playcalling starting games.

PlanoClone

Mar 27, 2009
Ankeny, IA
New Logo???

ISU was on a good roll with Earl Bruce in the late 70's. Then, Woody Hayes punches that Clemson kid and Earl is Headed to Columbus. It appears to me that the Curse was in the process of Reversing, until the Woody Punch.

Any thoughts?????

I say we hire the kid that Woody punched, instruct him to take to the field and punch somebody in his first game as coach, then see where the chips fall:biglaugh:. Reverse the reverse curse...or something like that. Or make a play when it counts!!