What do we do to change our luck??

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Wow. That sounds like a lot of work. Sacrificing a farm animal at mid field would be much easier.

Do those gnats that have been flying around ames lately count as farm animals? Because if they do, I say sacrifice them all if it will make the season run better. :jimlad:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
You guys remember the rabbit that seemed to make an appearance on the field for a number of games, right? IIRC, this was in '04 and '05. I have not witnessed the rabbit on the field for quite some time.

Just sayin'...

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
You guys remember the rabbit that seemed to make an appearance on the field for a number of games, right? IIRC, this was in '04 and '05. I have not witnessed the rabbit on the field for quite some time.

Just sayin'...

Someone sacrificed the rabbit? :wideeyed:

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
The rabbit was last seen wearing this clever disguise.

rabbit_pancake.jpg

Reactions: ISUFan22

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
With all the goat references in here, I'm going to guess that the problem is all the Cubs fans we have in the ISU fanbase. They are dragging all that bad mojo to JTS. I will do my part by dropping my allegiance to the Cubbies, anybody else in?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
As fans, other than continue supporting and donating, there's not much we can do. It's up to JP to continue giving the coaches the tools to get the job done (improved budgets/facilities) and it's up to the coaches to recruit as well as they can, make the most out of the players they have, and make the smartest gameday decisions that they can.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
With all the goat references in here, I'm going to guess that the problem is all the Cubs fans we have in the ISU fanbase. They are dragging all that bad mojo to JTS. I will do my part by dropping my allegiance to the Cubbies, anybody else in?

I already did my part. Mere seconds after birth I declared myself forever a fan of the Yankees.:jimlad:

Landshark

Jan 23, 2007
Ankeny, IA
What we need to do is start a culture of winning among the players, fans, coaches and everyone else involved with the program. Every person that supports ISU that steps into Jack Trice should expect not just a narrow win, but a resounding victory for Iowa State football. What we need is for athletics to not give up on a coach because of one or two or three seasons. What we need is for a coach who won't give up on ISU because of one or two or three seasons. We need leadership for the team that will stick around for 10-20 years, not just to build one year's worth of potential, but to build recruiting contacts and start a pipeline for recruiting excellent players who currently are being taken by bigger name schools like Florida, Texas, and USC just to spend their college career sitting on the bench. I think that our current coach has what it takes, but we might just have to wait a couple years to realize it. I think that once his first class of recruits have reached their junior year, there will be some big changes in store for Iowa State football.

Great, great post!!! I do believe CPR gets it and he will learn from Dan Mac's mistakes (get better asst. coaches when they prove unworthy).
He has the same passion as Mac so we have a good start there....and please CPR, keep Wally as long as possible.

As fans, we have also learned from our mistakes and are now showing up, showing up for nothing in all reality. I think we have Pollard to thank for that (showing up) and he's helped us realize we need to give more, we have and now have awesome renovations in Trice and more to come as long as we hang in there.

7 years ago we were ranked #8 in the country (hard to believe, I know), we can get there again, hell, let's just compete for the Big XII North and go bowling every year and we'll all be happy.

As long as I can tailgate I'm there at Trice every game!!!

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
ISU does recruit legitimate talent from time to time. Not like Texas or Okie, but enough to win us games. Problem is that we have little depth. So when you lose players like Parker and ARob to injuries, you begin to really struggle. We would have beat K State with a healthy ARob in that game. Simple as that.