What do we do to change our luck??

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE
New Logo???

That could be it. ISU has some very good MOJO using the late 70's decal, including the '07 win vs Iowa, which no one predicted.

ISU was on a good roll with Earl Bruce in the late 70's. Then, Woody Hayes punches that Clemson kid and Earl is Headed to Columbus. It appears to me that the Curse was in the process of Reversing, until the Woody Punch.

Any thoughts?????

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Curses are for losers..... We are what we thought we were, we are ISU and I am Damn Proud to be a Cyclone no matter our fate

Reactions: Rick

motorCYcle

Jun 18, 2008
Ames, Iowa
I doubt that the Manhatten Project had anything to do with the Curse. If you do just a little research, you'll find out that Cal-Berkley had a big part in the Manhatten Project. They have had (7 - 9) wins the last 7 years in the Pac 10, hardly a Curse, but I could be wrong.

Maybe nuclear by itself is good, but nuclear ghosts are bad...???:jimlad:

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
lets sacrifice this guy:
bilde

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
I hate to sound like an a$$ but don't you think every football coach in ISU history has tried this?

As many posters and topics before stated, Ames is not an easy sell to a recruit.

The bastard child of Knute Rockne and Pat Summitt would have a hard time recruiting at Iowa State.

hey, i didn't say it was easy. Its just a fact.

Longhorns3131

Oct 22, 2008
If you believe that the Cubs and Vikings are Cursed, and 80% of America believes that. Then it is easy to believe that Iowa State is.

The Questions isn't "Do you Think ISU is Cursed?".

The Question is "What Caused the Curse".

It could be a Burmuda Triangle Effect between Ames, Minneapolis, and Chicago.

That actually might make sense.

cloneswillwin

Sep 27, 2009
West Des Moines
Isn't it obvious what we need to do?

Change our entrance music, close in the south endzone, get a different pre game spirit routine, fix the loudspeakers, change the song we play between the 3rd and 4th quarters, get a bigger video board, stand more, sit more, etc, etc, etc.

I can remember many times that luck has bounced our way, many wins we've had because of crazy things. Two that stick out in my mind: Bates catch, and the Iowa game late in the year when Iowa intercepted the ball and preceded to fumble it giving us a first down.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
Isn't it obvious what we need to do?

Change our entrance music, close in the south endzone, get a different pre game spirit routine, fix the loudspeakers, change the song we play between the 3rd and 4th quarters, get a bigger video board, stand more, sit more, etc, etc, etc.

I can remember many times that luck has bounced our way, many wins we've had because of crazy things. Two that stick out in my mind: Bates catch, and the Iowa game late in the year when Iowa intercepted the ball and preceded to fumble it giving us a first down.

Don't forget black shoes and a season ticket sales thermometer.

clonesince71

Jul 7, 2007
Carroll IA
New Logo???

That could be it. ISU has some very good MOJO using the late 70's decal, including the '07 win vs Iowa, which no one predicted.

ISU was on a good roll with Earl Bruce in the late 70's. Then, Woody Hayes punches that Clemson kid and Earl is Headed to Columbus. It appears to me that the Curse was in the process of Reversing, until the Woody Punch.

Any thoughts?????
I totally agree:yes:......I've said the same thing for years:yes:....Bring back the late 70's logo...Just update it alittle bit but keep the colors that it was.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
What we need to do is start a culture of winning among the players, fans, coaches and everyone else involved with the program. Every person that supports ISU that steps into Jack Trice should expect not just a narrow win, but a resounding victory for Iowa State football. What we need is for athletics to not give up on a coach because of one or two or three seasons. What we need is for a coach who won't give up on ISU because of one or two or three seasons. We need leadership for the team that will stick around for 10-20 years, not just to build one year's worth of potential, but to build recruiting contacts and start a pipeline for recruiting excellent players who currently are being taken by bigger name schools like Florida, Texas, and USC just to spend their college career sitting on the bench. I think that our current coach has what it takes, but we might just have to wait a couple years to realize it. I think that once his first class of recruits have reached their junior year, there will be some big changes in store for Iowa State football.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
We need more playmakers. I never was convinced that we were deep at WR and now it's become our achilles heel. I think Arnaud's struggles are partly due to a lack of confidence in his receivers. He's also pressing because he has to know this is a good year to get something accomplished. Our OL is as good as we've had in a long time. We really need for A-Rob to get healthy or Arnaud is going to have a huge target on his back. I'm not giving up yet though as I think these guys still have some fight left in them.

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
Curses are for losers..... We are what we thought we were, we are ISU and I am Damn Proud to be a Cyclone no matter our fate

Loved your text to KJ on Saturday. However, I told him to reply saying, "Try driving down and watching it and paying for it."

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
New Logo???

Any thoughts?????

I totally agree:yes:......I've said the same thing for years:yes:....Bring back the late 70's logo...Just update it alittle bit but keep the colors that it was.

MACBOOK.JPG

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Cameron Dollar last second shot, charge/block call vs MSU, dead ball 3 pointer at KU, last second 3 from A and M, Hampton, Wesley Johnson, Mike Taylor leave program, last second basket that would have won the Big 8 conference tournament title but was waved off due to a ghost traveling call ect... football there has been a ton of bad luck, and weird things happen since Woody Hayes punched out a player. I'm not going to make a total list of the weirdness and bad luck, but here are some key ones in recent years. Field goal against Bama in bowl game, Wallace ruled out against FSU, overtime loss to Mizzou in 2004. Mizzou fumble in 2005 ruled played was dead. Had he fumble stood we win the game. We fumbled on the one yard in the same game. Overtime loss at NU 2005 in which ISU had a couple of chances to close the deal. One of which was a ball thrown right into Leaders hands that he dropped that would have won the game in overtime, Stevie Hicks getting hurt that year, Fumbling on the Baylor one yard line in 2005 not once, but TWICE, and of course the 4rth quarter meltdown and missed FG at KU in 2005.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
If you believe that the Cubs and Vikings are Cursed, and 80% of America believes that. Then it is easy to believe that Iowa State is.

The Questions isn't "Do you Think ISU is Cursed?".

The Question is "What Caused the Curse".

It could be a Burmuda Triangle Effect between Ames, Minneapolis, and Chicago.

I would say the curse began when ad lou mccullough got in a plane with coach earle bruce and flew to ohio state and got earle a new job...

It sure didnt help to hire coaches -duncan-criner & walden....

Curse theory no 2....Failure to hire Bill Snyder and forever lose to KState!!!

Dumbest move ever by ISU in football!!!!!! the curse flourished and grew after that dumb move!!!!!

Curse theory no 3....Hiring of Jamie Pollard who quickly fired dan mccarney reinstituting the curse causing all football hires by pollard to be failures!!!!

Boys with a history like that ....you better believe that bob believes their is a curse and its alive and well!!!!!!!!!!!!

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Do we need to sacrifice some form of livestock outside The Jake?? I'm up for anything.

Honestly, I actually laughed a little bit yesterday. That is not suppose to happen and wierd stuff like that happens to us all the time. If you think about it, it's kind of creepy.

Let me know if any of you crazy college students think of anything. I'm willing to drive up for some sort of ritual.

Like the 2004 Red Sox, we need to cheat, and cheat well enough that nobody discovers the fact that we are cheating for a few years...

cutshot

Oct 28, 2008
I think it's pretty simple, we need to improve our talent level and continue to add depth! I think we have quality coaches and scemes, it's more about the overall developement of the "team".

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE
I would say the curse began when ad lou mccullough got in a plane with coach earle bruce and flew to ohio state and got earle a new job...

It sure didnt help to hire coaches -duncan-criner & walden....

Curse theory no 2....Failure to hire Bill Snyder and forever lose to KState!!!

Dumbest move ever by ISU in football!!!!!! the curse flourished and grew after that dumb move!!!!!

Curse theory no 3....Hiring of Jamie Pollard who quickly fired dan mccarney reinstituting the curse causing all football hires by pollard to be failures!!!!

Boys with a history like that ....you better believe that bob believes their is a curse and its alive and well!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe that we swithched Coaches with Auburn and that brought GOOD KARMA to both ISU and Auburn Football.

Your "Not Hiring - Bill Snyder" thought makes Alot of sense to me and it completely explains the Block PAT.

So actually, the only Curse ISU has is the "Bill Snyder Hex" which dooms us to Forever lose to KSU. I can live with that, as long as we beat KU, NU, MU, CU, and the a few wins vs. the South.

Thankyou CF, I think we are alot closer to understanding the ISU Football Curse than we were when this thread started.

In Summary, ISU Football is on the Upswing, we are getting better, just don't plan on beating KSU.

Help Support Us

Become a patron