What are the odds ISU will enclose the South end zone?

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
I realize this is probably a rehash of an old topic but I'm relatively new to the forum. Is it something they are seriously considering?

I believe that would do wonders for recruiting in conjunction with the new football training facility.

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
Need a good product on the field before it happens. It would take another 12 years of 6 win seasons.....or one 8+ win season with the coaching staff staying put.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Need a good product on the field before it happens. It would take another 12 years of 6 win seasons.....or one 8+ win season with the coaching staff staying put.

I don't think it has anything to do with the product on the field.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I don't think it has anything to do with the product on the field.

This...to a degree.

Only will the product on the field have an effect if say Iowa State went 11-1 or 12-0 and found themselves in a BCS bowl game. I believe donations would skyrocket and it would be built sooner than the current timeline we're on.

Pollard said himself it is only a matter of time (money.)

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Yeah, i dont think its hugely related to the product on the field.

We arent seeing the large attendance gains because of the product. Quite honestly our product has sucked at least on the field (the outside product however is exceptional and brings a LOT of people to the games).

We're seeing the attendance gains due to a long process of building the fanbase, both from students\young alumni and getting kids involved at younger ages, and things are finally starting to pay off as that generation gets older, has kids, etc, and more students buy in every year (we're going to need the bowl just so we can increase student capacity, honestly)

This is generational change within the university, not just related to the product on the field. If we were to suddenly start knocking out 8-10 win seasons we'd have nowhere to put everyone because then we'd be combining that generational change with the bandwagon that would jump on if we did something other than suck or be mediocre.

vortex

Jan 30, 2010
I do think it is related to the product on the field. To sell more tickets and fill a larger stadium every Saturday the records have to improve. Another two or three seasons of sub .500 play will without a doubt mean a drop in attendance, cheap tickets or not.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I do think it is related to the product on the field. To sell more tickets and fill a larger stadium every Saturday the records have to improve. Another two or three seasons of sub .500 play will without a doubt mean a drop in attendance, cheap tickets or not.

ISU is 3-7 in their last 10 home games, and CPR is 15-14 at home since he has been at ISU. Attendance has not taken a hit at all, and it keeps trending up.