We won't get Horton-Tucker for 4 years

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
you Have to be 19 to play in the NBA. He won’t be eligible next year until 25% into the season. I don’t think anyone would draft him knowing he can’t play right away.
I think it's just one year removed from high school

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Is there a 'Big 12 non-conference' thread?

Okie State looking impressive vs. #19 LSU right now.

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Is there a 'Big 12 non-conference' thread?

Okie State looking impressive vs. #19 LSU right now.

Big win for Ok State. Cam McGriff was impressive.

I (and many others) was thinking the conference may legitimately be down this year before last week. Texas, Texas Tech, Kansas, both Oklahoma schools, and Iowa State had a really impressive holiday week. The lowest team on Ken Pom is Baylor at #55.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
ESPN updated their mock draft for this year and...... Talen Horton-Tucker is at...... 24.

Him being a 1 and done is a real possibility and I didn’t want it to be. (Selfishly)

• Informative
Reactions: Javinegli and Doc

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
ESPN updated their mock draft for this year and...... Talen Horton-Tucker is at...... 24.

Him being a 1 and done is a real possibility and I didn’t want it to be. (Selfishly)

Soooo, those couple games in Maui left an impression...

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX

He'll probably test the NBA feedback this spring............and they'll tell him to quit taking those wild, underhanded, scoop shots when he's driving the lane in transition O.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

I just don't see it. He would be slightly undersized height wise for an NBA 2 guard and needs to improve his shooting consistency. Unless he improves a lot during the season I will be shocked if he's 1 and done.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
I just don't see it. He would be slightly undersized height wise for an NBA 2 guard and needs to improve his shooting consistency. Unless he improves a lot during the season I will be shocked if he's 1 and done.
I have to agree based on what I've seen so far. He's better than I expected on defense and rebounding but his shot selection is terrible at times. If he shoots in rhythm it's a really sweet shot but the step back threes and the dipsy doodle shots need to end. He hit the side of the bank board on an out of control shot last night. I'm still very thankful he's a Cyclone and I think he'll start to figure out what works and what doesn't.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I see him as a 2-3 year college player. He has high potential but he still has a lot of room for improvement.

Shot selection, physical conditioning, etc are areas he can really improve on in the next 16 months, and solidify into the first round.

I think with him being a year young for his grade it makes a lot of sense to stay at least 2 years.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
If he stays 3 years at ISU, he'd still enter the draft at 20 years old. For comparison, he'd still be younger than lottery picks like Deandre Ayton, Mo Bamba, and Tre Young when they got drafted!

Before he entertains the NBA, his AAU style of play needs to be taken out of his game. Also, .317% 3 point shooting just won't cut it in today's NBA for a combo gaurd

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Why? He either makes them or gets fouled.
Doesn't look that way; it seems most of the time it's a TO. Last night he was 0-1 from FT and had about 3-4 TOs from the out-of-control underhand scoops that end up almost hitting the top of the bankboard.. I think he leads the team, or is second , in TOs..
But I love his overall game, and if his scoop shots do result in more FT, that's a good thing because he's got a great FT stroke and looks confident at the stripe - he should probably be our designated FT shooter on Technicals..

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Go THT! He’s a baller. That’s it. He transcends height, body type, shot selection and all that other crap ISU fans obsess over.

Reactions: WesRuby

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby

Where was Wiggs ranked in this mock draft? Maybe Wiggs will need to spend another year in college because of the injury.

Reactions: WesRuby

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron