We won't get Horton-Tucker for 4 years

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Serious question for those of you who know more about the NBA than I do. How many non-PG's 6-4 or shorter are there? Especially ones that are not deadeye sharp-shooters. I did a query on basketball-reference.com and there was not a single player since 2010 listed as G-F or F-G 6-4 or shorter. As far as I can tell, the site does not let you query PG vs SG, so the rest is speculation.

Hard to say off the top of my head but I would say pretty confidently that there aren’t any with a 7’1 wingspan, 230 lbs, and just turned 18 years old. THT might not even be done growing. He’s a very unique player.

• Agree
Reactions: Javinegli

Javinegli

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2013
Des Moines, IA
There was a study a few years ago that showed the heights across the NBA. 6-4 was one of the least frequent heights.
Serious question for those of you who know more about the NBA than I do. How many non-PG's 6-4 or shorter are there? Especially ones that are not deadeye sharp-shooters. I did a query on basketball-reference.com and there was not a single player since 2010 listed as G-F or F-G 6-4 or shorter. As far as I can tell, the site does not let you query PG vs SG, so the rest is speculation.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
THT will come back to improve his defense more than he will for offense.

He was clearly outmatched trying to defend a P5 forward in Tyler Cook and his body is not ready yet to defend a NBA-caliber 2 or 3. He's a body composition change and 2 full years of P5 ball away from serious consideration IMO.

• Informative
Reactions: Steve

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I just don't see it. He would be slightly undersized height wise for an NBA 2 guard and needs to improve his shooting consistency. Unless he improves a lot during the season I will be shocked if he's 1 and done.

Because he's going to be 18 at the draft next year and the NBA drafts on potential and not on collegiate performance. Not saying I think he'll go, or that he should (I don't), but he would be drafted based on the fact he's a year younger than everyone else in the class.