We won’t get Wigginton for four years

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
This is the non conference, we haven't faced a tournament team yet. Lets see how he does against BIG 12 competition, 18-20 games against P5 competition, in a row

CLONER99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2015
Like Kane, Stinson’s age was what did him in. And could potentially be the case with Wiggington if he stays all four years as well.

Had a lot more to do with lack of ability to shoot the 3 ball. Wigs has a high end J.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
If Wiggs is 6'5" with a long wingspan he has enough skill he could go after this year. Since he's not he will have to show more to overcome that. Besides his development I think one other thing to consider is the draft pool each year.

He may very well be good enough to be an nba player but if there are more than 30 other college/international players more highly touted than it would make it a tough decision to come out early.

Reactions: Doc

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
UNI should make the tourney as well.
They’ll have to rattle off 3 wins in a row in the MVC tourney. Their at-large chances went down the tubes with their loss to ISU. Even if they beat Xavier, it leaves 0 margin for error in the conference season for an At-large bid. They have a decent RPI now, but that will drop quickly once they start playing MVC teams.

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
They’ll have to rattle off 3 wins in a row in the MVC tourney. Their at-large chances went down the tubes with their loss to ISU. Even if they beat Xavier, it leaves 0 margin for error in the conference season for an At-large bid. They have a decent RPI now, but that will drop quickly once they start playing MVC teams.
If they beat Xavier and string enough wins in the MVC, I think they could make it in with a loss in the MVC championship game. Their non-conference results are better than many B1G schools.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
If they beat Xavier and string enough wins in the MVC, I think they could make it in with a loss in the MVC championship game. Their non-conference results are better than many B1G schools.
Yeah, basically zero margin for error and a loss in the MVC championship will leave them sweating on selection sunday. I could see them getting left out like Illinois St last year, although UNI’s non-con schedule is 100x better than Illinois St’s was.

Of course, all of this is moot if they don’t beat Xavier.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
This is the non conference, we haven't faced a tournament team yet. Lets see how he does against BIG 12 competition, 18-20 games against P5 competition, in a row

So UNI isn't going to make the tournament? Silly to say so at this point in light of their current record and their performance against teams such as Villanova and UNC. Even sillier to ignore the proof of seeing him play. I can only conclude you are clueless about what constitutes basketball talent

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
So UNI isn't going to make the tournament? Silly to say so at this point in light of their current record and their performance against teams such as Villanova and UNC. Even sillier to ignore the proof of seeing him play. I can only conclude you are clueless about what constitutes basketball talent

What he said is a little over the top and remains to be seen, but his point isn't too far off. We have the most important 19 games of our season still ahead of us. That gives us all the opportunity we need to build a tourney resume.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017

If he does not have talent he wouldn't be playing at a P5 School. But people think he is the second coming of Jamaal tinsley, he may be, but lets evaluate at the end of the year once he goes against real competition in the BIG 12.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Hard to say at this point in time. No doubt he is a stud, but to get to the NBA at his height you need to be extraordinary on a nightly basis, and he is not there yet. Great the last few games, but shot 20% in the ones before that.

Reactions: r06b