We won’t get Wigginton for four years

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
There are a lot of former great college players playing in the NBAG league. Just hope he gets good advise his off season.

• Agree
Reactions: acgclone

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Unrelated to the length of anyone's college career, but I'd strongly recommend re-reading the posts in this thread from mid-December if you need a good laugh.

I think he's here for 2-3, FWIW.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
This ^. This is the reason I wasn't ever sold on Monte Morris as being an NBA player. Just the fact he was called up to the Utah Jazz for a few days is amazing IMO. Morris is a great basketball player, but he's just so darn thin and not that physical.

This is where Wigginton has a better shot IMO, with how he's built. He's also a much better scorer than Monte, which will help. Wigginton just really needs to work on his passing skills though before he tries to make the jump.
Denver Nuggets

Reactions: LindenCy

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
He's the same size as deaaron fox just his skillset is vastly different

• Disagree
Reactions: jim4

Pat

Oct 20, 2011

At the combine, Fox measured 6'3.25" with a 6'6.5" wingspan and 8'4" standing reach. At the Nike Hoop summit in April, Wigginton was 6'2" with a 6'3.5" wingspan and 8'1" reach. I'd argue that is not an insignificant difference.

Wigginton's vertical is freakish, though.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Unrelated to the length of anyone's college career, but I'd strongly recommend re-reading the posts in this thread from mid-December if you need a good laugh.

I think he's here for 2-3, FWIW.

Agreed. I'm hoping for 3 years. His junior year could be special as a team.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
While he doesn't need to be a prototypical PG by any means he at least needs to show he can play the position at a high level in college. He's getting better on the defensive end but he's got along way to go. I think he will get more opportunity to run PG next year and play NWB off the ball or at least make sure Nick doesn't have to play 38 min a game. Not sure it will be enough to get him drafted in the 1st round. Ideally he would dominate in the role as a JR then go to the NBA.
Kid is a special player and seems extremely mature.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
While he doesn't need to be a prototypical PG by any means he at least needs to show he can play the position at a high level in college. He's getting better on the defensive end but he's got along way to go. I think he will get more opportunity to run PG next year and play NWB off the ball or at least make sure Nick doesn't have to play 38 min a game. Not sure it will be enough to get him drafted in the 1st round. Ideally he would dominate in the role as a JR then go to the NBA.
Kid is a special player and seems extremely mature.

Yeah, I gotta say that I'm now HOPING for 3 years. He's turned up his defense in the past few games and is scoring at a high level. I think that realistically, he's going to get some PG time next season and will have a legit shot to go.

Regardless of how they finish this season, as long as everyone comes back, they are going to be very, very good next year. Like potential Final 4 material. Not that I'm predicting it, but they are going to have that kind of roster.

• Agree
  • Optimistic
Reactions: DeftOne and jbindm

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Not saying he leaves for the pros after this year, as I absolutely don’t think he will. But you can just see the talent just pouring out of him when he’s on the court. There were a couple of plays today and against Iowa where I just shook my head in disbelief at how gifted he is. It’s going to be really exciting seeing how Prohm works with him and gets him to harness it, but I just don’t see him being here all four years before he’s hitting on all cylinders (although I hope I’m wrong and his love for ISU keeps him here through his senior year!)

I will bet a ham sandwich that Wigginton stays as long as Marcus Fizer......without winning a big 12 regular season conference title.

No doubt that Wigginton will play for somebody in the nba.....

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
If he continues this way through Big 12 play, he could be gone after this year. I have a feeling he will test the waters this year and go to the combine. I think thought that he comes back and plays one more year before turning pro.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
If he continues this way through Big 12 play, he could be gone after this year. I have a feeling he will test the waters this year and go to the combine. I think thought that he comes back and plays one more year before turning pro.

He's going to be a real focus for opposing defenses, more so now, so I don't expect games of 27 or 30 every night out. While strong and w/hops, somewhat undersized yet for an off guard in the NBA. For his sake, not just ours, he needs to return for sure at least one more year.

EarthIsMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2014
Earth

At the combine, Fox measured 6'3.25" with a 6'6.5" wingspan and 8'4" standing reach. At the Nike Hoop summit in April, Wigginton was 6'2" with a 6'3.5" wingspan and 8'1" reach. I'd argue that is not an insignificant difference.

Wigginton's vertical is freakish, though.

I think a better freshman comparison to Wigginton is Malik Monk. Sure, different styles of play and Monk is more of a scorer, but both players have PG size without the assist rates you would want to see from a PG....but both players know how to score.

Monk2019.PNG Wigginton2019.PNG

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I think a better freshman comparison to Wigginton is Malik Monk. Sure, different styles of play and Monk is more of a scorer, but both players have PG size without the assist rates you would want to see from a PG....but both players know how to score.

View attachment 52987 View attachment 52988

I think with Prohm coaching him this year and next, he will definitely learn those PG skills and put it all together to be the complete package as a PG. He will still be small for the NBA, but could be dominant for ISU.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
So UNI isn't going to make the tournament? Silly to say so at this point in light of their current record and their performance against teams such as Villanova and UNC. Even sillier to ignore the proof of seeing him play. I can only conclude you are clueless about what constitutes basketball talent

This probably feelsbadman.jpg right now.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: cyclones360 and Doc

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
I think with Prohm coaching him this year and next, he will definitely learn those PG skills and put it all together to be the complete package as a PG. He will still be small for the NBA, but could be dominant for ISU.

Interesting read from scouts on DraftExpress re: Lindell's strengths/weaknesses. He has definitely improved the consistency of his jumper since those evaluations, perhaps because he is jumping up straighter since the evaluations. They agree on needing improvement playing the point, seeing other teammates, pick & roll.

As much as he has improved in all areas since the beginning of the season, he may improve in the PG-skills as quickly once he gets experience running the team. It's obviously an area he needs to develop for the NBA based on the evaluations.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Lindell-Wigginton-85065/

• Informative
Reactions: cyhiphopp

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron