We won’t get Wigginton for four years

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I'm sure Prohm will be helping/talking with him the whole time...CSP will not let him go too early, but certainly will not try to hold on to him either. Guys...just enjoy him while he is here.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
College kids make bad decisions about the draft all the time. It wouldn't be the first or the last if Lindell decided to go after this year. Just because he's not showing up in mock drafts right now, doesn't mean he's not going to enter.

I hope to god he's back next year, just saying it's not a slam dunk.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Well, if Lindell asks me, I will tell him he needs to become a seasoned veteran. Leave after you're the Big12 POY...Three years at ISU sounds about right. lol

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
College kids make bad decisions about the draft all the time. It wouldn't be the first or the last if Lindell decided to go after this year. Just because he's not showing up in mock drafts right now, doesn't mean he's not going to enter.

I hope to god he's back next year, just saying it's not a slam dunk.
Some mock drafts have him as a late first rounder in their 2019 draft.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Well, if Lindell asks me, I will tell him he needs to become a seasoned veteran. Leave after you're the Big12 POY...Three years at ISU sounds about right. lol

I'd tell him he should go after winning 3 Big 12 regular season championships.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Which is why he should stay for his sophomore year, doesn't mean he will though. I'd be extremely surprised if he's here for 3 years.

You might be right, but there are so many TALENTED players out there across the country and they are lucky if they are playing in the G-League. I'm going out on a limb and saying he stays 3 years and plays more pg his jr. year.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
wigginton is having a great year, but just because you put up numbers in college doesn't mean you leave early for the nba.

i've had great seats to 3 nba games this year, you have no idea how huge/fast/strong nba players are. it is insane. guys who are 6'5 and 220+ are often the smallest on the court, and can't finish in the lane.

if wigg can prove himself as a big time shooter/and/or play PG for us, then he'll make sense in the nba.

lucky for us he's only 6'2!

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
wigginton is having a great year, but just because you put up numbers in college doesn't mean you leave early for the nba.

i've had great seats to 3 nba games this year, you have no idea how huge/fast/strong nba players are. it is insane. guys who are 6'5 and 220+ are often the smallest on the court, and can't finish in the lane.

if wigg can prove himself as a big time shooter/and/or play PG for us, then he'll make sense in the nba.

lucky for us he's only 6'2!

This ^. This is the reason I wasn't ever sold on Monte Morris as being an NBA player. Just the fact he was called up to the Utah Jazz for a few days is amazing IMO. Morris is a great basketball player, but he's just so darn thin and not that physical.

This is where Wigginton has a better shot IMO, with how he's built. He's also a much better scorer than Monte, which will help. Wigginton just really needs to work on his passing skills though before he tries to make the jump.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
I wonder if he could be like Lou Williams from Clippers when comparing size, game style and position. Wigginton may not be a pure PG but could play some. May be better at SG like Williams once he gets to NBA. Either way there is a precedence for being able to play SG being shorter than typical SG.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Have to also remember that CSP's former guards Payne and (sorry, forgot the other Murray State guard that was also drafted) are having a hard time contributing/staying on an NBA rotation/roster. Like the poster above said, those NBA guys are so huge/fast/strong. By the way, is Frank Mason on an NBA team's roster and playing some?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Have to also remember that CSP's former guards Payne and (sorry, forgot the other Murray State guard that was also drafted) are having a hard time contributing/staying on an NBA rotation/roster. Like the poster above said, those NBA guys are so huge/fast/strong. By the way, is Frank Mason on an NBA team's roster and playing some?

He is hurt right now, but he was a bench/rotation guy for the Sacramento Kings.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/masonfr01.html

He is shooting 41.9% from deep. If you can shoot, your chances of sticking go way up. That is maybe why Naz and Matt have the most pro potential from last year.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I don't think he'll ever prove his PG skills at ISU and it won't matter, the NBA will be impressed with his scoring ability. People act like to get drafted you have to be a hall of fame, 82 game starter from day one, LW could be attractive to a team as a combo guard bringing points and energy off the bench.

If he finished the year scoring 20 a game, the NBA would only see a 20 year old kid who put up big points in a tough league, who has been playing against the best competition in the world the last few years. He could get drafted this season, doesn't mean he'll be ready or a good pro, the NBA is all about potential, Lindell checks all their boxes.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I don't think he'll ever prove his PG skills at ISU and it won't matter, the NBA will be impressed with his scoring ability. People act like to get drafted you have to be a hall of fame, 82 game starter from day one, LW could be attractive to a team as a combo guard bringing points and energy off the bench.

If he finished the year scoring 20 a game, the NBA would only see a 20 year old kid who put up big points in a tough league, who has been playing against the best competition in the world the last few years. He could get drafted this season, doesn't mean he'll be ready or a good pro, the NBA is all about potential, Lindell checks all their boxes.

Outside of the established stars, the NBA treats the common players like chattel. Not much is real guaranteed money and it can evaporate in an instant as they check out the next young guy and dump you. Baseball isn't much better for minor league pay but at least the best players get big signing bonuses and can pass and go to college. NFL is even cheaper with the NCAA running their minor leagues for them....what a racket! :rolleyes:

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
I wonder if he could be like Lou Williams from Clippers when comparing size, game style and position. Wigginton may not be a pure PG but could play some. May be better at SG like Williams once he gets to NBA. Either way there is a precedence for being able to play SG being shorter than typical SG.

Size-wise, he resembles Isiah Thomas except Thomas is listed as 5' 9". Skill wise, Wigginton has a long ways to go, especially in the ball handling and passing departments. Still, just looking at the exponential improvement he has already exhibited, I wouldn't bet against him improving in those areas.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman