Walters vs. Perrault

• Politics and In-State Rivals Threads - You will notice that you may or may not be seeing expected posts from the Politics and In-State Rivals forums.

Due to the nature of these forums, they have been changed from an opt-out to opt-in design - meaning you must opt-in to see them. Unfortunately, that only changes the default for new registrations. Your selections right now are likely not what you want.

You can opt-in/out to either the Politics or In-State Rivals Forums in your user settings (click for instructions to learn more).

Frak

Apr 27, 2009
Did KXNO seriously consider bringing him back? If so, they are simply killing themselves. I refuse to listen to the AM show (Mike and Mike is vastly superior anyway).

Did anyone catch Ken take yet another below the belt shot at ISU fans yesterday during his interview with Mark Moorehouse? That we're "Happy as clams" with Paul Rhoads and the state of our football program despite a 3-9 and 2-X record over the past two seasons? He was doing this to make a point of the unrest in hok-ville despite recent success.

I know many still have faith in CPR. I lean that way, but am much closer to undecided. But to suggest that overall the fan base is anywhere close to happy is simply ludicrous.

Chris and the crew put on a good show Thursday nights. Unfortunately it's followed up by that damn Dear Abby-esque show that follows. WTF?

I swear - KXNO does more to make me turn the channel, than keep it tuned.

I like Ken's show, but I think that he does misread the ISU fanbase some. ISU fans aren't happy right now. They're happy with the offensive progress, not happy with the losses. But, we aren't upset enough to burn our season tickets or stop going to games or stop supporting our school. We are also smart enough to know that CPR is not going anywhere after this season due to the buyout.

Everyone knew that this was going to be a tough year to make a bowl game. Everyone knew that next year was going to be the key year for CPR whether he stays or moves on. This year, all I wanted to see is a competitive team with some young talent that gets me excited for 2015. I've seen that for the most part. I'm not happy with getting beat by NDSU or close losses to KSU and UT. But, at this point, it's all about getting ready for 2015. There's nothing that pouting like a baby and stomping my feet (like hawk fans are doing) is going to change right now. Go to the games, enjoy the tailgate and watch what looks like a pretty good 2015 team round into shape.

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Has anyone seen anywhere where Perrault has apologized for this or admitted to being 100% wrong on this after the overwhelming success that Fred has had in first 4 years?

If so, please link.

You think Perrault thinks he was wrong?

I'm sure in that peanut mind of his, he is somehow taking credit for doubting Fred thus giving him the motivation to excel higher than he otherwise would.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Has anyone seen anywhere where Perrault has apologized for this or admitted to being 100% wrong on this after the overwhelming success that Fred has had in first 4 years?

If so, please link.

Nah, that's not really his style. And let's be honest, it's not like he's kept awake at night thinking about this moment. 1) because in the grand scheme of things, this wasn't that big of a deal. 2) I'm sure he's had plenty of other equally stupid reactions to things, and been just as wrong. Probably hard to keep track.

That said, I'm sure he's no stranger to what Fred has been able to accomplish, especially because of his involvement in that Creighton message board. I'm sure he remembers his take on the hire.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
What he's saying is tat with K and Izzo, you get 5-10 years left, with Fred you get 10-20. Maybe some of those fans make that trade.

I get that. However, when you are accustomed to getting to the Final Four at minimum every four years even if you have a limited time left with your current coach you don't trade him away for a coach who hasn't proven he can get there even once.

Disagree all you want, but I think that what you are preaching is more Kool-aid than reason.

Cy83ag

Mar 20, 2010
Earlham
Never knew why he was called giggles, totally hilarious. ISU couldn't have found a better successor to Pete Taylor.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

If so, please link.

Why would he apologize or admit being wrong? More importantly, why would anyone care if he did? He's a radio host with opinions. They are wrong about 50% of the time.

Balrog

Sep 17, 2008
Des Moines
If you are so inclined, go back to about page 668 in the basketball forum. There are a lot of interesting comments about Freds' hire.............

Jim Walden says Pollard's selection of Hoiberg is a

"slap in the face to coaches." Coaches will be looking for Hoiberg to fail because if he succeeds, it will show that you don't need to have coaching experience to have a successful basketball program, he said this evening on Two Guy's Named Jim, WHO's basketball talk radio show.

In fairness to Mr. Walden, I am paraphrasing here, and am anxious to listen to the podcast and quote Walden ver batim, and edit this thread if necessary.

I think even the paraphasing of his statements, says more about Jim Walden than it does about Jamie's decision, other coaches attitudes, or Coach Hoiberg's abilities.​

Last edited:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
1. I am glad that Matt apparently has a new job and it isn't here.

2. This clip will never, ever not be amusing to me.

3. I would like for him to be interviewed and asked about his comments. I'd like for him to have to admit that he was wrong. Because it wasn't just that interview with John or his initial dismissal of the hire (of which he wasn't the only one), it was weeks of crap about how Hoiberg was going to fail. I talk about this often, but several weeks after the hire, they had on Paul Allen and right before the interview ended, Matt kind of through a question about Hoiberg to Paul. You could tell that Matt thought that Paul would be as amused as he was at stupid Iowa State hiring Hoiberg. Matt obviously didn't know that Paul and Fred knew each other pretty well and Paul obviously thought that he would make a great coach. It was kind of the first time where I realized just how loved he was up in the Twin Cities. It would just be nice to see him talk about how Hoiberg is clearly a basketball coaching star and their are few coaches that are ahead of him.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
1. I am glad that Matt apparently has a new job and it isn't here.

2. This clip will never, ever not be amusing to me.

3. I would like for him to be interviewed and asked about his comments. I'd like for him to have to admit that he was wrong. Because it wasn't just that interview with John or his initial dismissal of the hire (of which he wasn't the only one), it was weeks of crap about how Hoiberg was going to fail. I talk about this often, but several weeks after the hire, they had on Paul Allen and right before the interview ended, Matt kind of through a question about Hoiberg to Paul. You could tell that Matt thought that Paul would be as amused as he was at stupid Iowa State hiring Hoiberg. Matt obviously didn't know that Paul and Fred knew each other pretty well and Paul obviously thought that he would make a great coach. It was kind of the first time where I realized just how loved he was up in the Twin Cities. It would just be nice to see him talk about how Hoiberg is clearly a basketball coaching star and their are few coaches that are ahead of him.

I remember the day the Chizik hire was announced. Perrault was still on in Omaha. Perrault was going on about what an unbelievably great hire it was and that Pollard was a genius for pulling off the hire. He said Chizik was going to turn ISU into a program to be reckoned with.

So he's got that going for him.