Urban Exploring at ISU

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

Oct 30, 2006
Colorado
I had actually never heard that story about the girls getting killed until now. When we talked to the neighbors they never mentioned it. It makes sense though...it has to be some sort of shrine.

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
I know the guy that owns the farm land around this place. When he started on it probably 15 years ago we went by there a few times. This was before the trees so you could see what's going on. It's probably more scary because the trees hide it more now. Yeah the guy is crazy. Yeah the house tower thing is weird. It's not scary though. I saw it years ago before the trees and you'd definitely think WTF is this guy doing. At the time he lived in the van. He was at HyVee in Boone a lot. Some friends and I asked him what the deal was and he just rambled about nothing. I've never heard of this twin daughters stuff. I'm not sure if it's recent BS to make the story better or if someone from Boone finally got a coherant sentance out of the guy. If his mental health has gone down from 15 years ago staying away from that guy makes sense.

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
Me and my roommate took the bait. We drove out there tonight at dusk---CREEPY. We first saw the signs along the road and then what looked like a mangled structure appeared on the left through the trees. We drove down until an intersection and turned around, on our way back there was a car coming the other way so we slowed down and got a better look at the place. Still couldn't get any good vision on it and didnt want to stick around, will probably go back tomorrow in the daylight to drive by and see what it's all about. There was a light on in the house and we could see the silhouette of a guy in a main level window. The "yard light" was on, and I believe I saw the back end of the mystery van sticking out from behind the house as well.

If I'd gone alone I might have peed myself.

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
I had actually never heard that story about the girls getting killed until now. When we talked to the neighbors they never mentioned it. It makes sense though...it has to be some sort of shrine.
I haven't either and I know the guy that owns most of the land around there and has for at least 20 years. I suspect that part is a new story and isn't true. If it is true I'd say it happened elsewhere and even the neighbors don't know. Years ago he lived in that van and was either on the land or at HyVee in Boone. So maybe it did happen somewhere else and he just migrated to Boone. I don't know how anyone would have figured that out all these years later though.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I know the guy that owns the farm land around this place. When he started on it probably 15 years ago we went by there a few times. This was before the trees so you could see what's going on. It's probably more scary because the trees hide it more now. Yeah the guy is crazy. Yeah the house tower thing is weird. It's not scary though. I saw it years ago before the trees and you'd definitely think WTF is this guy doing. At the time he lived in the van. He was at HyVee in Boone a lot. Some friends and I asked him what the deal was and he just rambled about nothing. I've never heard of this twin daughters stuff. I'm not sure if it's recent BS to make the story better or if someone from Boone finally got a coherant sentance out of the guy. If his mental health has gone down from 15 years ago staying away from that guy makes sense.

One of my buddies worked for a farmer down the road last fall, and his version of the story was that the guy claims to be abducted by aliens, and its out of tribute to them. I've heard the dead daughter story more often, and it seems more logical. Wish I knew what really happened...

Longhorns3131

Oct 22, 2008
One of my buddies worked for a farmer down the road last fall, and his version of the story was that the guy claims to be abducted by aliens, and its out of tribute to them. I've heard the dead daughter story more often, and it seems more logical. Wish I knew what really happened...

So if the guy does sees you on his property, he will shoot???

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
Having talked to the guy the aliens one makes more sense. The guy just rambled. Before the trees you could see it perfectly. I never got playground or dead daughters out of it. Tribute to aliens I could see. Very random house/tower thing...

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Used to work in Beardshear - the basement and attic of Beadshear are very cool places on campus. The last year I worked there 2001, Financial Aid was cleaning out some of their things down there. It is crazy how many records were down there. Also a lot of bending over to get places or to different filing cabinets.

The attic is cool b/c of the dome.

I really would like someone with a good zooming camera to get a pic of this guys shrine you are all talking about. Sounds CRAZY!

Longhorns3131

Oct 22, 2008
In Friley.. Someone told me its in the kitchinette

Me and my friend were looking in Friley, for the tunnel off the map we got, but no luck. It's kind of ironic, but now from what people were saying on here about those haunted rooms, we were actually right there, not knowing about the history in those rooms.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
All those weird noises can now be attributed to someone like Dr Frankenstein working in the shops. Maybe put this on Ghosthunters. Good pub.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Volunteers? Any camera wizards on this board?

Another good story. A friend of mine, who is a design major tried to take some pictures of it about two years ago. In every single picture, the playhouse was out of focus while everything else was fine. Not trying to spread the myth or anything, but it was a weird coincidence...

lizzie

Oct 30, 2006
Colorado
I have pictures but when I used to visit the house it was before digital cameras! I will see if I can find them and scan them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.