UNI/ISU. I hate to say it, but.....(sky falling thread)

drum1306

Sep 17, 2007
Re: Iowa State is NOT GOOD.

Let us hope so - maybe we can avoid your consistent "WE SUCK" after every loss for a while. It probably would kill you to look at the good side.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

I don't really see much of our new, brightest talent...who are you referring too? It seems to me we have Wesley Johnson (are you referring to one person?). I am waiting to see talent so if you can point them out it may lessen my headache after this game.

Have you gone to the other games? Brackins may have had an off night tonight, but he's already a great offensive presence. And he's YOUNG, so he'll grow into it. Garrett is shaping up - he just needs to slow down and get some more experience. Boozer is a little rough still, but he has the desire and raw talent that just needs to be developed. None of us knows how Lucca will/could be, so I'm not going to throw that out there.

Did you expect the true freshman to be performing like seniors already?

Last edited:

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
New Frontcout/Backcourt

Why do people continue to expect big things from our teams when we're either completely new in the front court one year or the back court the next? We won't be able to compete consistently until we gain some experience and quit losing players to injuries and transferring.

I'm as sick as losing as the next guy...but it just seems like year after year I see us undersized compared to our opponent.

Rant mode off.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
Re: The "sky is falling" thread

We need to win games at home and pertect Hilton. 35-40% shooting will not get it done... Why are guys getting minutes that hamper our ability to win games?

I actually think 35-40% can win games for us...it's allowing teams to shoot 50% that we are losing games. And Rebounds....Lets Rebound the damn ball. And by the way, McD still gets a pass this season, it's year 3 that I bring out the axe to grind.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Re: Is anybody else concerned about MBB?

No I'm not concerned. We're a young inexperienced team and it showed tonight. I've seen ISU's glory days from Johnny Orr to Larry Eustachy. It took each one of those coaches years to build it.

Yeah I was really disappointed with our rebounding. Our guard play is lousy too. We just are not deep enough yet. It looks ugly right now, but Mcdermott's teaching the right things and you can still look at UNI and see the product of his knowledge.

I think it's going to be a long year for us, but Wes Johnson, Craig Brackins and the rest of the team are going to mature and get better and better. Marcus Fizer did not light the world on fire until really his Junior year.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN

ISU is not playing it's best basketball, that is for sure. Mac recruited everyone that played tonite for UNI and they understand his system, Jake is doing a good job of carrying on, and adding some of his own style.

Give it time ISU will get there, injuries, recruiting, understanding a system, and luck all take part in a win, tonite UNI had the edge, it will not take long for the 3-4 star recruits to adapt, learn, and play in Mac's system and the tables will be turned.

I know it is disappointing to lose, but you only have to look at what UNI has been able to accomplish, to realize how bright ISU's future will be when all the pieces come together.

Look out coachdags, rational thought is under heavy fire tonight!

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

ISU is not playing it's best basketball, that is for sure. Mac recruited everyone that played tonite for UNI and they understand his system, Jake is doing a good job of carrying on, and adding some of his own style.

Give it time ISU will get there, injuries, recruiting, understanding a system, and luck all take part in a win, tonite UNI had the edge, it will not take long for the 3-4 star recruits to adapt, learn, and play in Mac's system and the tables will be turned.

I know it is disappointing to lose, but you only have to look at what UNI has been able to accomplish, to realize how bright ISU's future will be when all the pieces come together.

see, this is the logic I don't necessarily agree with. A coach having success at one school doesn't automatically translate into success at the next. I see us not getting the recruits we need (especially guards and posts) and lack of fundamentals like attacking the hoop, rebounding, turnover control, free throws, etc. Call me crazy but I am truly concerned about the immediate (next 5 years) future of ISU hoops. The best time to get big time recruits is often immediately after a coaching change and we have Wesley. We need a PG and post BAD!!!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Re: UNI/ISU. I hate to say it, but.....

What happened to Vette tonight? Did Brock suit up?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Re: The "sky is falling" thread

Jiri is not leading the way very well. Wesley scored 18 of 48. What slugs scored the other 30 points?

Did you seriously just call our team "slugs"?

BOOOOO to that.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Re: New Frontcout/Backcourt

I asume we will have a new backcourt next year after watching the current one this year.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Re: UNI/ISU. I hate to say it, but.....

It's not being outcoached when you only have four players who are currently capable of putting the ball in the basket.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA

I am pissed about losing to UNI and that ogar Coleman but this team has only played 5 games together. Remember its only November. If they are still playing like this in feburary, then we have a problem.

Remember how long it took Jiri to finally "get it" last year. It was almost January. Eventually everything is gonna click and we will start winning.

I could accept it a little easier last year due to new system, new players and all. This year we have a bunch of new players but the few players that returned should have the system down and I would like to believe we have better caliber players than UNI. I guess I'm getting tired of losing to Valley teams!:sad:

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa

see, this is the logic I don't necessarily agree with. A coach having success at one school doesn't automatically translate into success at the next. I see us not getting the recruits we need (especially guards and posts) and lack of fundamentals like attacking the hoop, rebounding, turnover control, free throws, etc. Call me crazy but I am truly concerned about the immediate (next 5 years) future of ISU hoops. The best time to get big time recruits is often immediately after a coaching change and we have Wesley. We need a PG and post BAD!!!

You are crazy... Craig Brackins is a stud. Diante Garrett is also pretty good. They're both freshman..

drum1306

Sep 17, 2007

I expected them to be playing like NBA all-stars.

But that's just me....:wink:

Help Support Us

Become a patron