UNI/ISU. I hate to say it, but.....(sky falling thread)

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Re: The "sky is falling" thread

Doesn't look like the sky is falling to me; it still looks quite a ways up there :wink:

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Re: Is anybody else concerned about MBB?

I am pissed about losing to UNI and that ogar Coleman but this team has only played 5 games together. Remember its only November. If they are still playing like this in feburary, then we have a problem.

Remember how long it took Jiri to finally "get it" last year. It was almost January. Eventually everything is gonna click and we will start winning.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Jiri is not leading the way very well. Wesley scored 18 of 48. What slugs scored the other 30 points?

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006

I am pissed about losing to UNI and that ogar Coleman but this team has only played 5 games together. Remember its only November. If they are still playing like this in feburary, then we have a problem.

Remember how long it took Jiri to finally "get it" last year. It was almost January. Eventually everything is gonna click and we will start winning.

I truly admire your patience, but I think you'll be waiting for this team to 'get it' for a very long time.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

classic. Just wait until next year it will be even better. And 2 years from now...LOOK OUT!

cyclonemaniac7

Apr 11, 2006
Re: Iowa State is NOT GOOD.

I agree to a certain extent. I don't think we win more than 10 games though and finish about 10th in the Big 12. We really aren't that great this year. Something must click on our offense for things to change.

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX

It is like football....were "rebuilding."

How could you say we aren't? We are in year 2 of a new coach who comes in after a coach who changed the identity of ISU in both substance and style of play. I am not here saying McD is going to have us back in the next year or two, he may, he may not but I will say I was not expecting us to be a tourney team in year 2 of the process.

chriscyzer

Jun 27, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Re: Iowa State is NOT GOOD.

I agree to a certain extent. I don't think we win more than 10 games though and finish about 10th in the Big 12. We really aren't that great this year. Something must click on our offense for things to change.
I agree. Maybe actually running an offense will be the click

EggMcClone

Mar 19, 2006
Michigan
mylifeinthebasement.blogspot.com

One excuse is already gone because we had Wesley back and he was pretty much the only one that played worth a crap tonight. What would the score have been if he didn't play???

We need Lucca. No one outside of Michael Beasley or Kevin Durant would make enough of a difference at this point.

UNI banked in threes = All the rebounds bounced to Bradley. It may be true but it's ignoring the bigger issues.

ISU lost to Drake in '99-'00. I've heard this excuse after every crappy early season loss and we've yet to go on to win the conference. The vast majority of the time losing to crappy teams means you're not very good.

It's only McDermott's 2nd year. This one I will actually buy somewhat but only because of the ridiculous turnover in players and if it happens again this year we're in some serious trouble.

Mostly I'm just pissed that this once proud program has fallen this far.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006

I'm not throwing in the towel yet. Most objective people did not predict great success this season. Our defense is solid. My hope is that the offense is still suffering from a lack of talent at guard that will be remedied with time

My biggest concern is our rebounding. I'm not sure how we get out-rebounded so bad while playing man. Some of it probably has to do with a lack of bulk (those that don't think that is important for basketball are fooling themselves). I fear some of it is due to a lack of coaching and discipline as well though.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

This is like losing to Kent State when we should have been motivated. No continuity in hustle for the complete game.

Help Support Us

Become a patron