UConn fans take on Friday night

husky

Mar 26, 2014
Re: A UCONN Fan's perspective

Obviously, this is just a ploy by a UCONN fan to make ISU fans over confident, because that will have an effect on the outcome of the game. Wait........never mind.

There is NO lack of confidence for Iowa State fans from what I see here .. You guys are acting like your one of Wooden's UCLA teams, When your crowning basketball achivement is what ??? Must not be much if your living on a failed windmill....

Did it ever cross any of your minds you might lose ???

Oh that's right you have a excuse, one of your starters got hurt... I bet that will be said a few million times if you lose...

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

There is NO lack of confidence for Iowa State fans from what I see here .. You guys are acting like your one of Wooden's UCLA teams, When your crowning basketball achivement is what ??? Must not be much if your living on a failed windmill....

Oh that's right you have a excuse, one of your starters got hurt... I bet that will be said a few million times if you lose...
checks url at top of screen. Yep Cyclonefanatic. Hmmmm it's like we root for our team or something. Feel free to kindly kick rocks.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008

I hope you aren't offended by the fans confidence on this site. This is how we tend to get when we play against mid-major teams. Outside of Louisville the AAC was a glorified mid-major conference.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

Ah this is more like it. People, if you're going to go on an opponent's message board to be a ****, just be a **** right off the bat.

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006

A shooting team without Niang. Yeah we can lose. But UCONN isn't a team that scares me. At this point I'm more afraid of Baylor and we just beat them; 2/3 times.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

Are UConn fans paid by the word, or are they all just frustrated authors that can't get published somewhere.

They have lots of left over energy this year because they weren't able to spend the whole season telling everyone how great the Big East is.

CyTom

Mar 30, 2006
Des Moines

What I read is that he thinks Shabazz is ready for big time at MSG, but Deandre isn't.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006

windmill.gif

Last edited:

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny

What I read is that he thinks Shabazz is ready for big time at MSG, but Deandre isn't.

Of course because Dre isn't a Huskie. To be fair to the poster he's right, Dre isn't a Huskie. Too bad they haven't figured out he's a frickin' honey badger.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Many of us are realistic in thinking we might lose, but still confident. Our guys are playing at a level well above what they were during the regular season. Could they cool off? Of course. I won't guarantee victory but I still love this team.

Fred will have a plan to try and limit Napier. The games we've had the most trouble in (mostly Kansas) were ones where teams had a ton of weapons and our attempts to take one player out led to breakout games. UCONN obviously has talent so we will see if they step up.

As for the windmill, I know you say you don't care, but you should. That was a completely classless and embarrassing move that punctuated the last game of Calhouns career. Jim Calhoun did so much in his career and that's how his career ended. Even if he had completed the dunk it would still be classless.

Good luck Friday. It should be a great game with lots of good matchups.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011

Many of us are realistic in thinking we might lose, but still confident. Our guys are playing at a level well above what they were during the regular season. Could they cool off? Of course. I won't guarantee victory but I still love this team.

Fred will have a plan to try and limit Napier. The games we've had the most trouble in (mostly Kansas) were ones where teams had a ton of weapons and our attempts to take one player out led to breakout games. UCONN obviously has talent so we will see if they step up.

As for the windmill, I know you say you don't care, but you should. That was a completely classless and embarrassing move that punctuated the last game of Calhouns career. Jim Calhoun did so much in his career and that's how his career ended. Even if he had completed the dunk it would still be classless.

Good luck Friday. It should be a great game with lots of good matchups.

Agree. We joke but we absolutely could lose.

Like most teams we really dont have anyone that can contain Napier, Boatright is very good defensively, they do have some lenght inside and defensively as a group are pretty good...and the biggest factor...they are playing just as hot as we are.

Now we can marginalize stats saying their conference blew, etc etc.....but watching them...UCONN is playing very well just as we are. Do i think their one guy beats us when giving CFH a week to scheme? No.

Looking forward to cut aways of Kevin Ollie Sour Face the whole game.....

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012

Kane is a STUD guard and the biggest factor on Friday if he goes off Iowa State should have no problem.. Is he is ready for prime time and all the pressure?? Not all great players go to Madison Square Garden in NYC with a ton of expectations and pressure and preform. Many many have failed.

The same holds true for Napier and the battle between the two could quite easily determine the outcome of the game, however we have numerous other players such as Melvin Ejim the Big 12 player of the year that could go off just as easily and every other guy on the team that can hit 3's and go to the rack. This time of the year you can throw stats out the window but you can see a comparison between UConn and ISU and get a pretty good feel for team play and consistency this year. I'm sure coach Hoiberg will look at film of your SMU and Louisville games and have a game plan ready to try and exploit the Huskies weaknesses.
UConn vs. ISU.jpg

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012

It's a legit excuse. No offense to Uconn, but there is no way you guys beat us with a healthy Niang. Without him the game is basically a pickem.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

The same holds true for Napier and the battle between the two could quite easily determine the outcome of the game, however we have numerous other players such as Melvin Ejim the Big 12 player of the year that could go off just as easily and every other guy on the team that can hit 3's and go to the rack. This time of the year you can throw stats out the window but you can see a comparison between UConn and ISU and get a pretty good feel for team play and consistency this year. I'm sure coach Hoiberg will look at film of your SMU and Louisville games and have a game plan ready to try and exploit the Huskies weaknesses.
View attachment 25849

Biggest stat could be assists. If UCONN sells out to stop Kane I hope he drops a **** load of dimes on em.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

Agree. We joke but we absolutely could lose.

Like most teams we really dont have anyone that can contain Napier, Boatright is very good defensively, they do have some lenght inside and defensively as a group are pretty good...and the biggest factor...they are playing just as hot as we are.

Now we can marginalize stats saying their conference blew, etc etc.....but watching them...UCONN is playing very well just as we are. Do i think their one guy beats us when giving CFH a week to scheme? No.

Looking forward to cut aways of Kevin Ollie Sour Face the whole game.....

But if you figure that for all intents and purposes Kane and Napier will cancel each other out, which team's supporting cast do you trust more? Boatright and friends? Personally, I'll take the Big 12 player of the year, the NY kid who is playing his best ball in the post-season, the PG with the insane assist-to-turnover ratio, and 3sus.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron