UConn fans take on Friday night

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I always thought the region was supposed to help the highest ranked team the most, yet UConn gets home field advantage here. It almost seems like they should be in another bracket. That being said, there will be some Cyclone faithful and all the fairweather UVA fans (I live in Virginia and they seriously didn't know they had a basketball team until this year) will be there. It looks like we will have the least amount of fans there, but we are still good enough to win this region. Go Cyclones!

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I always thought the region was supposed to help the highest ranked team the most, yet UConn gets home field advantage here. It almost seems like they should be in another bracket. That being said, there will be some Cyclone faithful and all the fairweather UVA fans (I live in Virginia and they seriously didn't know they had a basketball team until this year) will be there. It looks like we will have the least amount of fans there, but we are still good enough to win this region. Go Cyclones!

If teams had played to seed we'd be matched up with a higher seeded Villanova and it would make sense for them to have the MSG advantage. You can't forsee every little thing with the upsets.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Cool what are your thoughts on if '99 UConn shows up or '04.

Think they could keep it within 20?

To paraphrase Rick Pitino "Rip Hamilton, ain't walking through that door, Ben Gordon ain't walking through that door, Emeka Okafor ain't walking through that door."

What if the '00 ISU teams shows up? Or the team from '44?

Well you did ask a pretty ******* stupid question didn't you?

husky

Mar 26, 2014
A UCONN Fan's perspective

Hello I am a long time UCONN fan... But also I am a College basketball fan and I love the college game..

I am also a realist. I have the utmost respect for your coach and the program he is building at Iowa State.. ISU has some really good players and are coached very well.. But after lurking around this forum yesterday and reading some posts I felt compelled to share my 2 cents on the game Friday...

I will start by saying Iowa State should win Friday if they don't they should be mega-disappointed.

Iowa State had a great year and a Big win against NC on Sunday. BUT the NC team you beat by 2 on Sunday is not the usual powerhouse NC team they were out of the top 25 for a while this year that was no vintage NC.. For that matter there is only one ACC team left in the Tournament it was a weak year for the overrated ACC.. A great win but a squeaker... But you won and the object is to survive and advance..

Kane is a STUD guard and the biggest factor on Friday if he goes off Iowa State should have no problem.. Is he is ready for prime time and all the pressure?? Not all great players go to Madison Square Garden in NYC with a ton of expectations and pressure and preform. Many many have failed.
There is a ton of hype and high expectations on Iowa State this year you are expected to go to the Elite 8 or Final Four with or without Georges.. Iowa State is not a sleeper this year !!!

But with Georges out ISU's offence is not the same.. All the stats from this season do not apply.. Do not not judge your team on the NC win...

UCONN also has a STUD guard named Shabazz.. He has a bit of experience ya know, he has been to the promised land as a freshmen and a 4 year starter..He has a ton of big game experience. His flaw is he takes some of the stupidest shot's I have ever seen, the problem is he makes them when he is playing well. I am excited to see Kane and Shabazz go at it..

I know you love your coach and if you keep him Iowa State will be a regular in the top 25 every year. He is a NBA style coach who makes great in-game adjustments and exploits mismatches.
Kevin Ollie is the same style coach who also has a ton of NBA experience.. The chess match between these coaches is one of the biggest aspect of the game. It will be great to see how they attack the other's team...

One fact the many Iowa State fans might not know.. 3 of UCONN's starters have won a National Championship and have big game experience these are Seniors who have been through the wars, they are not 19 yo. one and done players... Not like the in-fighting babies you whoped up on in 2012.

I believe Iowa State will win and I am a UCONN faithful, but do not underestimate this UCONN team..

One last thing no UCONN fan give's a hoot about the "windmill dunk " or the birds broken arm.. We care about winning thats it !!!

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Re: A UCONN Fan's perspective

boing.gif

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA

Your 2 cents is that the ACC is overrated, Iowa State is not an underrated cinderalla, Kane is really good, Shabazz is really good, UConn fans have no class as they careless about breaking a student's arm as long as they win, UConn has won titles before and Iowa State should win? Very insightful. Thank you.

PS - You left out KenPom rankings and how garbage your conference is as well.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny

This should go well... :wink: We agree on one thing. ISU SHOULD win this. Will they? Don't know, that's why they play.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

One last thing no UCONN fan give's a hoot about the "windmill dunk " or the birds broken arm.. We care about winning thats it !!!

Wrong. I saw the UConn section at the Fiesta Bowl against Oklahoma and it was one of the most embarrassing turnouts in BCS history.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

Can we just make a meta thread for uconn dip ***** posting on here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com

Why does OP feel that ISU should win? Is UConn really just a 1 or 2 man show with shabazz and boatright (sp??).

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.

Obviously, this is just a ploy by a UCONN fan to make ISU fans over confident, because that will have an effect on the outcome of the game. Wait........never mind.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN

Too UConn, didn't read.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006

the fanatics are feeling a bit surly today I see