Tyrus in trouble?

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
*shrugs shoulders*

Meh, I won't get too worked up over it. He mostly damaged himself in this if it's something remotely serious. The rag will run with it for a few days and do everything in their power to drag ISU thru the mud.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
This goes in the "Disappointed" department for me. Shows lack of character.

I would call it more a lapse in judgement. I think his character has been superb till this point. Ill give the benefit of the doubt here.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm going to assume he was stealing books to study for finals, because our team is full of exemplary men.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I guess my question is... why do you care?
My question back to you, if you are an ISU fan, why don't you? Personally, I want to see the best for all the athletes at ISU, when they are here, and in their futures. Maybe you don't. I hate seeing them making stupid mistakes like this.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
headline on rag is "...caught swiping $220 on camera". I'm not a subscriber so I couldn't read for details.

Spam

May 21, 2008
I would call it more a lapse in judgement. I think his character has been superb till this point. Ill give the benefit of the doubt here.

I'd agree with you if this was his 1st. He does seem like a really good, well mannered guy. Disappointing.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I'd agree with you if this was his 1st. He does seem like a really good, well mannered guy. Disappointing.

I guess I dont know the history much. What else does he have on him?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
headline on rag is "...caught swiping $220 on camera". I'm not a subscriber so I couldn't read for details.
Simply said he stole 220 out of a wallet that wasn't his. I think it's disappointing when any athlete who get's free schooling, room and board, food does something to draw negative attention to the program.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
My question back to you, if you are an ISU fan, why don't you? Personally, I want to see the best for all the athletes at ISU, when they are here, and in their futures. Maybe you don't. I hate seeing them making stupid mistakes like this.

Why limit it to just athletes? Why not be outraged every time an ISU student gets arrested? Or since he can put a round ball through a hoop it somehow means more?

So to answer your question... I don't care because I do not get wrapped up in things 18-22 year olds do.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Simply said he stole 220 out of a wallet that wasn't his. I think it's disappointing when any athlete who get's free schooling, room and board, food does something to draw negative attention to the program.
Just athletes?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Why limit it to just athletes? Why not be outraged every time an ISU student gets arrested? Or since he can put a round ball through a hoop it somehow means more?

So to answer your question... I don't care because I do not get wrapped up in things 18-22 year olds do.

Yes, anyone who does it should be ashamed, but a basketball player is a face of the school. One that is nationally known and can reflect poorly. Hell, they use their faces for marketing tools. It matter more. If Joe Schmo does it, noone will notice.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

I'd say both. Don't they say character is what you are/what you do when no one is watching? No one was watching (except cameras) and he stole. More than a lapse of judgment IMO.

I would say the same thing if this was a 4.0 engineering student who didn't play sports.

Believe me, I'm a HUGE Tyrus fan and, outside of this, have no reason to believe he isn't a good guy. I just wonder what some of us would think of the person who took a $220 item out of our unlocked car....would we say lack of judgment?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron