Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I've got Iowa finishing a game or 2 above .500 and NIT hopeful.

Iowa State will win 8 or 9 games. Maybe 1 or 2 in the Big 12.
Reasonable predictions.

We'll see....

I just saw you guys have Grill coming back? That's a good pick up....I don't think I've ever seen a dude transfer to another D1 and then transfer back.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Reasonable predictions.

We'll see....

I just saw you guys have Grill coming back? That's a good pick up....I don't think I've ever seen a dude transfer to another D1 and then transfer back.
Interestingly enough, Tyler Harris transferred to Iowa State from Memphis and transferred back to Memphis this year. Although he's now a walk on at Memphis.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Interestingly enough, Tyler Harris transferred to Iowa State from Memphis and transferred back to Memphis this year. Although he's now a walk on at Memphis.
If there's a clearer picture of how far Prohm let this program fall than having a scholarship player transfer down a level to walk on, I'm not sure what it would be. I didn't think Harris was bad FWIW, just too small to play the 2 like he wants to.

• Winner
Reactions: DSMCy

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Reasonable predictions.

We'll see....

His situation was pretty unique, he clearly wants to pay for Otz.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If there's a clearer picture of how far Prohm let this program fall than having a scholarship player transfer down a level to walk on, I'm not sure what it would be. I didn't think Harris was bad FWIW, just too small to play the 2 like he wants to.
Memphis has a STACKED team with Penny now. They definitely don't need Harris.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Man, the ESPN announcers are gushing over Obi Toppin.
Hope some of you guys are watching this game.

tomar1

Aug 16, 2008
A ND transfer picked Vanderbilt over them and, shockingly, the Hausers said thanks, but no thanks.

MadFran promised to go hard for transfers this spring. Must not have much to sell.
He had player of the year and couldn’t even make it to the sweet 16 or win a conference championship!

Reactions: GTO

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
This is such a dumb and lazy take..

Kofi is the 5th best returning player in the country per Torrvik's PRPG!

In his last meeting with Iowa in the Big Ten tournament he had 26 points, 8 rebounds.

Foolish takes but the norm from those guys.

Iowa is really going to get killed in the paint in Big 10 play. There's some really good post players returning for the better teams in that conference. Kofi, Trayce Jackson-Davis, EJ Liddell, Hunter Dickinson, Trevion Williams.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Iowa is really going to get killed in the paint in Big 10 play. There's some really good post players returning for the better teams in that conference. Kofi, Trayce Jackson-Davis, EJ Liddell, Hunter Dickinson, Trevion Williams.
But you know, Iowa almost landed TJD . . . . just like all of the other players that they got excited about that they almost landed. :D

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
How is Garza doing in the league? I noticed his +/- the other night in 5 min of action was -9. He did hit 2 threes though. Must just be brutal on defense, but I guess that isn't really coming as a surprise to anyone.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Sure, but the last couple of games his have been the worst +/- on said worst team in the NBA. Just saying.

Convenient that you would leave out the second game of the season, when he was +10 and the only Pistons player with a +/- higher than +3.

+/- is pretty useless on bad teams. It’s even more useless when you are using a small sample size (4 games) with very limited minutes (generally around 5 or 6 minutes a game).

I’m sure Garza is bad defensively, but +/- is totally worthless in this situation.