Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I think any logical person would take ISU's post season success over Iowa's the last two decades.
Now 2 decades is the metric.

Some things are pretty bipartisan around here. The sliding time frame be #1...

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Now 2 decades is the metric.

Some things are pretty bipartisan around here. The sliding time frame be #1...

That should be a question you ask your fellow hawks legend, and Tim. They seem to want to change that metric also.

maybe you can get a consensus amongst your group

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Nah. Iowa Basketball is going to be so bad this year and Fran is the coach for the foreseeable future so not worth my time
I don't think they'll be that bad. They still have a Mt Rushmore player, a first round draft pick, and the Swiss Army Knife all returning.

• Haha
Reactions: CyTwins

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm sure a lot of players are going to break this or come close, but I was looking and Jo-Bo only needs to appear in 14 games to break the D1 record for games played at 157. Current record is from 2011 by an Ohio State player, only 7 games in his bonus seasons but high 30s in all the other 4.

Barring injury Jobo will have played the most D1 games of any player before even getting half way through the season...unless some other covid year players are ahead of him, there could be a handful but not many that already have 4 full seasons playing every game plus a 10 game redshirt year and now bonus covid year.

ISU's all time leader in games played is Monte Morris at 140. Niang and Thomas tied for second at 138. JoBo would have had 133 if you just took his four full seasons and not the two bonus years.

Not really "smack" just interesting that he's going to break this record of circumstance by like 15-25 games.

Makes me wonder how many more records that are actually important are going to be obliterated, of course most of the really elite players are moving on after 4-5 years and not coming back for the 6th or 7th year.

The record books will basically be worthless, could be a FANTASTIC time to change college basketballs rules so they don't suck so bad. Add a sixth foul, go to 10 or 12 minute quarters, less 1&1 foul shots...lots of things that could be improved and there's no reason to worry about career records anymore.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'm sure a lot of players are going to break this or come close, but I was looking and Jo-Bo only needs to appear in 14 games to break the D1 record for games played at 157. Current record is from 2011 by an Ohio State player, only 7 games in his bonus seasons but high 30s in all the other 4.

Barring injury Jobo will have played the most D1 games of any player before even getting half way through the season...unless some other covid year players are ahead of him, there could be a handful but not many that already have 4 full seasons playing every game plus a 10 game redshirt year and now bonus covid year.

ISU's all time leader in games played is Monte Morris at 140. Niang and Thomas tied for second at 138. JoBo would have had 133 if you just took his four full seasons and not the two bonus years.

Not really "smack" just interesting that he's going to break this record of circumstance by like 15-25 games.

Makes me wonder how many more records that are actually important are going to be obliterated, of course most of the really elite players are moving on after 4-5 years and not coming back for the 6th or 7th year.

The record books will basically be worthless, could be a FANTASTIC time to change college basketballs rules so they don't suck so bad. Add a sixth foul, go to 10 or 12 minute quarters, less 1&1 foul shots...lots of things that could be improved and there's no reason to worry about career records anymore.
JBo is a record breaker. That's why he's on the IA Mt Rushmore of basketball.

• Haha
Reactions: Doug Piranha

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
JBo is a record breaker. That's why he's on the IA Mt Rushmore of basketball.

Jess Settles only played 116 games. JoBo is going to end up with like 175.

Elite 4 year starters on teams that win 3-5 post season games every year get like 140-145.

Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Jess Settles only played 116 games. JoBo is going to end up with like 175.

Elite 4 year starters on teams that win 3-5 post season games every year get like 140-145.
You're making me reconsider this Mt Rushmore thing. I'm thinking "The JBo NCAA Sweet 16 Round."

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Nah Fran doesn't care about that stuff but that's weird. I have no idea what's driving up his composite when 247 is his best rating and it's only a 3 star
PrepHoops, on3, BigShots, and Hoop Diamonds maybe?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Take it up with cytwins, he’s down with asterisks. Pretty much sets the standard

Hawk fans set the tone for the asterisks for their football season last year. Read so many posts about “how it doesn’t count” on HR after the season.