Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I could see a Rob Phinisee type career for Brock Harding without the defensive potential. I'm sure his shot will improve some and Fran will give him the keys if Perkins leaves. Hopefully they choose not to recruit over him. He is tiny and 33% from the field is nasty stuff.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I could see a Rob Phinisee type career for Brock Harding without the defensive potential. I'm sure his shot will improve some and Fran will give him the keys if Perkins leaves. Hopefully they choose not to recruit over him. He is tiny and 33% from the field is nasty stuff.

If he plays more minutes Harding's plus minus will be absolutely awful.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Yeah, even their QBs have bought into the bounce pass...

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
His d was so bad he couldn't even have recovered and made a shoestring tackle.
Man, that is poor defense, the kid is right handed and the EIU player should have taken that away, and didn't, then he froze instead of dropping when the kid drove to the hoop. I used to tell kids all the time, "if the offensive player is even with you, they are by you", you could see it here. Just poor defense.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Man, that is poor defense, the kid is right handed and the EIU player should have taken that away, and didn't, then he froze instead of dropping when the kid drove to the hoop. I used to tell kids all the time, "if the offensive player is even with you, they are by you", you could see it here. Just poor defense.
You’re playing checkers while Sandfort is playing chess. By letting the guy by him, it gives him the edge on a break away from the in-bounds pass after the basket.

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
Big question is … who returns for next year?
I’d guess Perkins is gone, Freeman surely will have better options, but then he really isn’t a solid player for top 40 ish team so maybe he won’t have much of a choice but to stay, some say sandfart will test the pro waters…. he’s not good enough for that.
Don’t know what they have for incoming freshman but the way Franny hates to recruit they are probably stuck with what they have.
Thus setting Fran up for another “fantastic coaching “ job next year to get em back to middle of a terrible tiny ten conference

• Dumb
Reactions: Cydkar

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Big question is … who returns for next year?
I’d guess Perkins is gone, Freeman surely will have better options, but then he really isn’t a solid player for top 40 ish team so maybe he won’t have much of a choice but to stay, some say sandfart will test the pro waters…. he’s not good enough for that.
Don’t know what they have for incoming freshman but the way Franny hates to recruit they are probably stuck with what they have.
Thus setting Fran up for another “fantastic coaching “ job next year to get em back to middle of a terrible tiny ten conference
And the new teams coming into the B1G seem to be on the downswing. They will fit in nicely.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
Maybe I'm over-rating Freeman but I think he's a solid player. He's going to be Big 10 FOTY and I know we're all "LOL Big 10" in this thread but that's still pretty good. He doesn't do much on defense but no one on this team does, I think it's the system not the talent. I'd take him on ISU for sure.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Maybe I'm over-rating Freeman but I think he's a solid player. He's going to be Big 10 FOTY and I know we're all "LOL Big 10" in this thread but that's still pretty good. He doesn't do much on defense but no one on this team does, I think it's the system not the talent. I'd take him on ISU for sure.
I think both Freeman and Dix are solid players. Freeman has potential to be an all conference player.

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch and GoHawks