Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Actually, with the women likely to host in Iowa City, will scheduling allow men to host NIT there?

Reactions: VeloClone

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
I'll go so far as to say that between the following teams: Indiana, Iowa, Michigan St, Ohio St & Minnesota.....at least TWO of those teams will make the tournament, maybe even three.
I've also considered the argument that a certain amount of big ten teams HAVE to be let in, and I'm not gonna dismiss it. Far from it.

But consistently every team besides Purdue has s*** the bed at every opportunity. I do think that if even one of them proved to be a legit #2 big ten contender at any point in time, let alone a legit #3, then you're probably absolutely correct.

But I think there's just no easy cop-out to point to for big ten apologists. Especially because the talking heads and big 12 haters have pivoted so hard to the SEC lately, I think iowa is dead, at the very least.

Michigan State is the only team that will get that undeserved reprieve, and even that is a crime.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
This is some kwisatz haderach stuff here
Yes. I accessed the memories of all my ancestors in order to wield the ability to control the Universe and, thus, the outcome of the Illini-Hok game. ;) Also, can't wait to check out Dune 2!!