Tony Stewart may have hit/ran over someone

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
Boyd, Lightning McQueen was a champion racer, but he couldn't corner around a dirt track. :smile: Unless you have sprint car experience, what does this have to do with anything????? Maybe Doc has to show you how to power slide.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Guess I will try posting for the fourth time. I started putting my thoughts on paper in response to some of these snarky comments about Kevin here on this shrine to Smoke. I am sure CW does not want me to publish a book on his website. Kevin has been treated very unfairly. He was only doing what Smoke has done many times except worse. His suit had white stripes on it and the drivers can see much better than a spectator. My credentials have been challenged so I will give a background. More to come
I hardly see this thread as a "shrine to Smoke"
Now looking at some of your subsequent posts I will take your word that you know something about engines and racing but I fail to see how that is any evidence in this situation. Lets look at what we know which isn't much as we have a few clips from a cell phone.

Fact: There was an incident on a race track that resulted on a car being spun around.
Do we see what transpired before the incident? No

Fact: A driver got out of his car and ran down into traffic.
Do we know whether anyone knew he was on the track before they saw him? No

Fact: The driver after being narrowly missed by the car right in front of Stewart went even further down the track closer to Stewarts path.

At this point we can only guess what was going on in Tony Stewarts mind. But you have to ask yourself:

Given the on track incident would you expect the driver of the spun car to be out on the track?
If so would you expect the driver to be going down the slope of the corner into traffic to confront another car even after narrowly avoiding being hit by a car that you were not trying to confront?

I just don't understand how anyone feels they can come up with a definite conclusion given the limited evidence there is.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I was the first person to ever put a 428 crank in a 427 block. I had to make my own pistons. Ford actually called me to check on it. Later on I invented and designed a dual overhead cam with ports in the cams that eliminated all the valves and springs and pushrods. This eliminated 40 moving parts and the chance of valves hitting pistons and allowed a person to design the perfect Hemi combustion chamber. I had a pat. pending on it and it was wide open.More to come

wbn40cO.jpg

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Ok forget this whole Tony Stewart thing, I just want to hear about all the stuff boyd has done now.

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
I was the first person to ever put a 428 crank in a 427 block. I had to make my own pistons. Ford actually called me to check on it. Later on I invented and designed a dual overhead cam with ports in the cams that eliminated all the valves and springs and pushrods. This eliminated 40 moving parts and the chance of valves hitting pistons and allowed a person to design the perfect Hemi combustion chamber. I had a pat. pending on it and it was wide open.More to come

Cool-Story-Bro-.jpg

boyd

Feb 19, 2012
I have many other inventions in the transportation field, several have been patented and I had a small mfg co. to make one for a large ag firm.I have built oval, strip, pulling, show, street, classic and rat rod vehicles. I know how high performance vehicles handle and I know the human equation that goes along with it. I don't dislike Smoke; I bet he is a fun guy. I look at him and think there but for the grace of God go I. I said earlier he is a throwback, much like I remember. But, The times they are a changing. Smoke may actually have to pay the price. I view it as an accident that was brought on by Smokes actions. I know he squeezed kevin into the wall and when the caution came out. He would have had a very good idea what happened. This site will only accept so many words that is why I have so many posts.

boyd

Feb 19, 2012
I have many other inventions in the transportation field, several have been patented and I had a small mfg co. to make one for a large ag firm.I have built oval, strip, pulling, show, street, classic and rat rod vehicles. I know how high performance vehicles handle and I know the human equation that goes along with it. I don't dislike Smoke; I bet he is a fun guy. I look at him and think there but for the grace of God go I. I said earlier he is a throwback, much like I remember. But, The times they are a changing. Smoke may actually have to pay the price. I view it as an accident that was brought on by Smokes actions. I know he squeezed kevin into the wall and when the caution came out. He would have had a very good idea what happened. This site will only accept so many words that is why I have so many posts.
He would have had time to slow down, clean his shield and get prepared for stalled cars and possible people on the track. But Smoke was getting back on the horse that bucked him off a year ago. I never saw that video, I am not sure if the Iowa boys got Rough with him or not. But, there would have been high emotions on his part and when the young buck came down to challenge the old buck. He could not let it go; A little buzz job was in order and the accident happened. I am positive Smoke is devastated and will never be the same. I am out of here, glad I could give you all a little laugh. They are harder to come by now that Robin Williams is dead. Go Cyclones beat the hawks. We can all agree on that.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
so nowhere in that monologue was it revealed that you have any experience driving or racing sprint cars. Ok then. I'll continue to listen to isufbcurt, the driver directly ahead of Stewart, and now one a couple cars behind him as well.

and they allow a lot more than 100 words a post.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
so nowhere in that monologue was it revealed that you have any experience driving or racing sprint cars. Ok then. I'll continue to listen to isufbcurt, the driver directly ahead of Stewart, and now one a couple cars behind him as well.

and they allow a lot more than 100 words a post.
I think there's a BS limit though.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
You know that t.v. show that your friends get you all hyped up about and then you finally get to see it, but it sucks and is nothing like what they described in the least. That is Boyd's post. Built cars/engines never raced Sprint cars.

Kind of like that expert that was quoted that had watched NASCAR.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Not surprised by this, but Stewart isnt racing this weekend. I highly doubt he races the rest of the year.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cu...rint-cup-race-michigan-international-speedway

Granted this is "I heard someone say they heard from someone who knows something", but a co-worker said there's rumblings of him quitting for good.

Again, disclosure that there's no first, second, or probably 3rd hand source, but I thought it interesting after hearing he was sitting this week, and that specific quote in the article:

His plans for the rest of the season have not been determined.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Granted this is "I heard someone say they heard from someone who knows something", but a co-worker said there's rumblings of him quitting for good.

There was a rumor going around that Rusty Wallace told someone at the AP that Tony was retiring. Wallace has come out and said that never happened and its just a rumor.

There may be as many as $100 million reasons why Tony won't retire between all of his sponsorship deals for him and SHR. Not saying that should be the deciding factor to him coming back but we all know money talks.

Once he misses the Michigan race, he will not be eligible for the Chase (unless he can get a waiver from NASCAR). So at this point, he might as well sit out the season and regroup.