Tommy in Des Moines on the radio

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I am sorry I know he has a speach inmpediment but he has got to be the most annoying caller in the history of sports radio. Everytime he comes on he has some of the dumbest crap to say. Sorry just had to vent. Everytime I hear him call I just turn the station until it's over.

There I am done.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
A perfect example of why some species eat their young.

That and Tommy clearly ate a whole lot of lead paint chips back in the day...

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
Know what I hear when he comes on the radio?

Nothing. I'd rather turn it off and wait it out than listen to his theories and rants.

As soon as I hear the words "The Governer" I either turn it off or turn the channel.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
All I can say is I am really glad he is a huge Hawk fan.

And, as usual, he had to slip the point in at least ten times that he is a hawk fan. I think he was even the first call for coach. I bet Chizik was thinking "Holy Sh!t, are they all gonna be like this??"

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
He is annoying. Thank GOD he is a Hawkeye fan. I would hate to claim someone like him being a fan of ours.

I can't help but picture 3/4 of Hawkeye fans being just like Tommy after listening to him. I know he calls into Miller at least 4 times a week. If not more.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I'll never forget last year when Tommy called in to Jon Miller's show the week of the Ohio State game. Of course it was a week full of Hawk manure on that show, but one day Miller had a segment where callers would give their ideas for the first play of the game. Tommy called and thought that Jason Manson should line up at quarterback and they'd run some wild double reverse pass just to throw Ohio State off or something to that effect. I couldn't hear the last of what he was saying because I was laughing so hard.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
And how many times as that reject called, got lit up by the host and said "I'm never calling again!", only to call within the next day or two?

I swear, each time he calls, once he hangs up, the announcer should say every time...

"And that brings us to our next point, listeners. Don't do drugs."

RedStorm

Apr 11, 2006
Tommy might be a Hawk fan, but Cyclone fans have their own cross to bare with "Denny from Clear Lake." All I kept thinking last night was "Great....another season of Denny droneing on." It was painfull trying to listen to JP and John Walters be courteous but wanting to get him off the phone. But Denny just kept droneing on about nothing.....

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
This is what I want to say to the "Governor"
care-1.jpg

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
"Da Gubner" is one of the smarter Hawk fans that call into talk radio in my mind.

On a side note, has anyone noticed how much of a Squawk Homer Marty has become lately?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
"Da Gubner" is one of the smarter Hawk fans that call into talk radio in my mind.

On a side note, has anyone noticed how much of a Squawk Homer Marty has become lately?

...it's football season - and we all know that Iowa's going to compete for the national championship and their QB is going to be the front runner for the Heisman...

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I was listening to Chizik's call in show last night and sure enough, Tommy was the first caller. Un-be-lievable.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
The chances of me calling into the Hawkeye show are absolutely zero. Why did a Hawk fan call into the Cyclone radio show? It's annoying.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
To bad they don't create a list of idoits that call in and then conviently not answer when they call. Some of the questions were just stupid last night.

Baseball??? We don't have the money. Enough said. Why argue with the one guy that knows completely about our money situation

Title IX and something about this guys boy only has 60 some choices to play soccer somewhere??? Who cares... Tell him to play a real sport like actual football.

Tommy (the inteligent Squawk...) Asking a coach who has been in the Big 12 like 3 years now why the championship games are being played in Texas. I'm sure coach has all the answers on that one.

Did these people roll out of bed Monday morning with the dreams of being an idoit on live radio or are they just that stupid?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I haven't heard Tommy on for awhile but I about die laughing whenever I do hear him call in. He just rambles about nothing most of the time and is a Hawk homer. I don't know how Marty and Miller keep a straight face when he calls in there, I'd probably have to mute the mic a few times.

Last edited:

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
Denny from Clear Lake is a great Cyclone fan. IMHO he should not be knocked on these boards for that. He purchases many Cyclone season tickets and has been a big supporter for years. I think we need more fans like him and not less.

johnsonjj

Apr 11, 2006
Johnston
I am sorry I know he has a speach inmpediment but he has got to be the most annoying caller in the history of sports radio. Everytime he comes on he has some of the dumbest crap to say. Sorry just had to vent. Everytime I hear him call I just turn the station until it's over.

I think Tommy is Jim Zabel's grandfather!

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Regarding the Marty being a hawkeye homer lately, all I have to say is good! He has been wrong about every prediction he has made in the last year. I was actually happy that he predicted Kent State winning on Thursday. Just made me feel more confident that we will win and win big. If you are a betting man, take Marty's predictions and go oppo. Thank you I had to get that off my chest.