To Wii or not to Wii...

CycloneSA1911

Apr 11, 2006
I'm an Xbox lover but I'm looking for something that my kids (3 and 5) will enjoy. What does everyone think about Wii?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
kids will love it as will you.

as soon i find one I am buying it..... even though I just bought a PS3... *giggles.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I guess I've never used one, but they still look like a novelty that would wear off pretty quick, I'm sure they're hilarious at parties though

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
kids will love it as will you.

as soon i find one I am buying it..... even though I just bought a PS3... *giggles.

SHHHHHHHHHHH! Don't let Ripvdub know that you got one. I am trying to tell him that he doesn't need one. :)

Wii is awesome. We have friends who have them and we always play!

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
great price compared to 360 and that other system...it's really fun and i guarantee kids will love it. WII sports is so addictive, only complaint is that SOME of the "regular" games that come out for every system I feel like I would rather just play with the 360 controller.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Its far from novelty. RIP, you need one!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
We have one, but no kids. We don't use it too often, but I think we would a lot more if we have kids. The sports stuff is super-fun, so I would invest in the Wii Sports game that's extra (in addition to the one inside the game).

We pretty much stick with the 360 for day-to-day stuff, but even my grandmother and mom loved the Sports.

Last edited:

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I had a chance to finally try a Wii the other day, and I've made up my mind. If I don't get one from someone for Christmas, I'm getting it the day after! It's far from a novelty system.

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
We have one, but no kids. We don't use it too often, but I think we would a lot more if we have kids. The sports stuff is super-fun, so I would invest in the Wii Sports game that's extra (in addition to the one inside the game).

You talking about the sports pack or Wii Play?

I'd definitely spring for Wii Play. It's nothing earth-shattering, but it has a couple of simple games (ping-pong, an air-hockey type, target shooting, fishing, mind games, etc) that help people (kids in particular) get used to moving, rotating, pointing, etc. the Wii Remote. Real reason to buy it is it comes with a remote. It's the same price as a second remote, so essentially you get the games for free.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
You talking about the sports pack or Wii Play?

I'd definitely spring for Wii Play. It's nothing earth-shattering, but it has a couple of simple games (ping-pong, an air-hockey type, target shooting, fishing, mind games, etc) that help people (kids in particular) get used to moving, rotating, pointing, etc. the Wii Remote. Real reason to buy it is it comes with a remote. It's the same price as a second remote, so essentially you get the games for free.

Sorry - yeah, the Wii Play. The Sports Pack came for free with our unit (does it for all units?), so I was just going to say the same thing about the second remote. You can go to Sam's Club and get the Wii Play + Remote pretty cheap.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
A PS3, not a Wii. I would want him to want a Wii!

Ooooh... RIP dont get a PS3. You dont need one. Think of the starving children that could use that extra 200 dollars. =)

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Ooooh... RIP dont get a PS3. You dont need one. Think of the starving children that could use that extra 200 dollars. =)

Yes, but if we spend the extra money on the PS3, wont the small children that make the PS3 also make more money?!? I assume they make more money than the children that produce the Wii.

Ive injured my wrist, elbow and shoulder enough at work. Ive played Wii twice and it's hurt more from that than work ever has.

Jessica just got a "BRAND NEW" NES system over Thanksgiving. Super Mario bros, Mario 3, Pro Wrestling, and Super Tecmo Bowl. Who can beat that?!?

JDB41

Dec 9, 2007
Ames, IA
The Wii is awesome especially when a party is starting to die down obviously this doesnt help you since yours kids are 3 and 5:biggrin: But still a great game system.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Plus, if you've ever played SOCOM: Navy Seals or any other war game, youll want a PS3 or 360. Nothing like being online and sniping some unsuspecting schmuck from 1000 yards. Sports games have always been my favorite, but shoot em up games make all the difference.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Yes, but if we spend the extra money on the PS3, wont the small children that make the PS3 also make more money?!? I assume they make more money than the children that produce the Wii.

Ive injured my wrist, elbow and shoulder enough at work. Ive played Wii twice and it's hurt more from that than work ever has.

Jessica just got a "BRAND NEW" NES system over Thanksgiving. Super Mario bros, Mario 3, Pro Wrestling, and Super Tecmo Bowl. Who can beat that?!?

Who is this Jessica you speak of? :wink:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron