Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
Naismith Women's College POY
Wooden Award POY
AP Women's College Basketball POY

She was the best player in WBB, and she was the best overall player in the draft. Sure teams draft for need, CC was obviously not the best C in the draft. But she was easily the best overall player.
Are those awards influenced by popularity? Was Brock Purdy the best QB in his class?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Don't watch enough to care. Again subjective. Brinks if you needed a center?
I don’t think you can automatically declare who is the best player in the draft in any sport based on draft order. Some depends on team needs. Sometimes a great college player doesn’t translate well into the pros. Some players drop due to injury. The Steve Emtman’s of the world can’t stay healthy in the pros. Don’t think you can evaluate it until a few years later.

Someone must not be watching the NBA playoffs.

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
I have to admit that I've never watched a WNBA game other than the Fever w/CC. I only tuned in to watch CC revolutionize the sport. Someone let me know when that happens, cause I have nothing to compare it to. Is it happening on the court? (I was told it would)

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
CC lost 30 games in 4 years at Iowa, she might lose that many this year.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I have to admit that I've never watched a WNBA game other than the Fever w/CC. I only tuned in to watch CC revolutionize the sport. Someone let me know when that happens, cause I have nothing to compare it to. Is it happening on the court? (I was told it would)

I mean the 'I never watched until now' is basically the revolution.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Sidebar, I read chartering flights is going to cost the WNBA $25M. The total amount of all WNBA salaries in the league is a little less than $18M.

Rather than celebrating charter flights, why wouldn’t they put that toward salaries. If they split that evenly that would double most players salaries.

This uptick in popularity still has the wnba running in the red doesn't it? Overall it just isn't that popular of a product.

Help Support Us

Become a patron