Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Sunny Hostin on The View just criticized Caitlin Clark for being white and straight.
That's not me saying that, it the person who posted it.

I watched the same video, and Hostin said it could benefit the WNBA by appealing to a wider demographic given the league's current makeup. After stating that her sponsorships will benefit all players. Where was the hate?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Sunny Hostin on The View just criticized Caitlin Clark for being white and straight.
That's not me saying that, it the person who posted it.
You didn't say "People hating on her for being straight and white.", or did I misunderstand and you were being sarcastic?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
lol how did she criticize her for being white and straight?
She didn’t. Does anyone think she would have the hype and endorsements if she wasn’t? They would be shooting Hy-Chi containers or Wilson basketballs, although Daddy Fran might do that anyway

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
I think the Tavern Hoks would be more interested in the WNBA if it became a form of roller derby.
Tavern Hoks think the WNBA should be just like college, where CC got to do whatever she wanted.

If you look at social media, they all whine and complain that she is not allowed be herself. They want her running down the floor and chucking up logo 3s.

They seem to forget the other 11 players on the team are all getting paid too, and they expect to get the ball in their hands too. The player defending her is a helluva lot better than 99% of the people who guarded her in college. She is going up against players often 3+ years older than her, and much bigger/stronger than her.

Last edited:

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Tavern Hoks this the WNBA should be just like college, where CC got to do whatever she wanted.

If you look at social media, they all whine and complain that she is not allowed be herself. They want her running down the floor and chucking up logo 3s.

They seem to forget the other 11 players on the team are all getting paid too, and they expect to get the ball in their hands too. The player defending her is a helluva lot better than 99% of the people who guarded her in college. She is going up against players often 3+ years older than her, and much bigger/stronger than her.
That would require actually giving credit to someone besides her. There’s a whole lot of the WNBA sucks narrative here too that gives no credit to the other players or their abilities too.

Reactions: AlCyJim

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Maybe a basketball play, but also very reckless. I could see an above the shoulder on something like that. Regardless, these players seem to have it out for CC.
You think? If CC was black, there is no way she would be celebrated the way she was. Screaming f-bombs, fake injuries, fake fouls, and all the other nonsense (how the Lsu player is perceived) would have led to something way different then how she was presented. So yes, the players do "have it out" her.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
You think? If CC was black, there is no way she would be celebrated the way she was. Screaming f-bombs, fake injuries, fake fouls, and all the other nonsense (how the Lsu player is perceived) would have led to something way different then how she was presented. So yes, the players do "have it out" her.
And they wouldn't be doing ads for Skims, and they wouldn't be flying charter, and they wouldn't have nearly as many games on ESPN, and they wouldn't be playing in full NBA arenas...

• Dumb
Reactions: WartburgClone

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
And they wouldn't be doing ads for Skims, and they wouldn't be flying charter, and they wouldn't have nearly as many games on ESPN, and they wouldn't be playing in full NBA arenas...
That's interesting. I said nothing about that stuff. Good job bringing up something unrelated to my post.

Again, if she was black, she would not be celebrated the way she has been, especially by the tavern hawks.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
That's interesting. I said nothing about that stuff. Good job bringing up something unrelated to my post.

Again, if she was black, she would not be celebrated the way she has been, especially by the tavern hawks.
You really cracked the code on race relations in the US, nice job.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Your post said "yes, the players do 'have it out' for her."

I don't disagree to an extent. But at the same time, if it weren't for her popularity, those same players wouldn't be getting anywhere near the exposure they and the WNBA is getting. Just the truth.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Sidebar, I read chartering flights is going to cost the WNBA $25M. The total amount of all WNBA salaries in the league is a little less than $18M.

Rather than celebrating charter flights, why wouldn’t they put that toward salaries. If they split that evenly that would double most players salaries.