This team never learns

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Everybody needs to relax Iowa and UNI are both great teams. Everyone that plays us brings their "A" game. This is a wake up call for the team. I saw this loss coming since the end of the Iowa game.
LOL!!!! Iowa isn't good. UNI is decent, not great.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
This is the wake-up call we needed before conference play starts

We need the guys to understand this - similar to what happened in the Royce White days when we almost lost to Mississippi Valley State right before conference play.

cyclones18

Apr 20, 2010
Ames
We are not a top 10 team. If we were, Monte wouldn't play like he did tonight. Matt wouldn't be such a head case from game to game. We belong between 11-18 just like last year. The rankings seem to really go the players' heads and egos. They just need to go out and play. Who cares where you are ranked. It doesn't mean diddly squat if you just go out and win, make the tournament and then show everyone how good you are.

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
Most likely - but maybe it'll teach the team a little humility. A little - I hope. I think UNC dropped by #9 after being #1, so i'm guessing about #15-20 for ISU. At least the next game is against another top 25 team where a loss wouldn't hurt as bad as this one.
Neutral site loss to a pretty good team, my guess is down to 8 or 9.

DuneFan

Nov 7, 2015
Why don't we recruit clairvoyant players that know when their shots are going to go in? I blame Prohm.

Why don't we recruit players who notice that a lot of our passes inside to McKay are resulting in points, and the 3-point attempts are clanking off the rim or even airballing? I blame Prohm. (OK, that last part is a :jimlad:)

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
LOL!!!! Iowa isn't good. UNI is decent, not great.
I think they are both pretty good teams. Good to play some tougher teams non-conference. Thought Washpun was quite athletic and thought UNI did a good job spacing the floor. We still win if Georges doesn't slip. Also liked our inside game and we'll see more of that as the season progresses.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
We are not a top 10 team. If we were, Monte wouldn't play like he did tonight. Matt wouldn't be such a head case from game to game. We belong between 11-18 just like last year. The rankings seem to really go the players' heads and egos. They just need to go out and play. Who cares where you are ranked. It doesn't mean diddly squat if you just go out and win, make the tournament and then show everyone how good you are.

Most years I agree. But most of the top 10 teams have faults this year. Let's see how this team reacts to a loss. They haven't played consistent at all this year. Perhaps the light non-conference schedule made them think they could coast until the conference season. It'll be an interesting few weeks.

Help Support Us

Become a patron