This team never learns

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
We are UNI's ***** and the excuses are annoying. This isn't a horrible loss, but not a good one either. I just can't believe our basketball team has only won once against UNI since 2005.

It's a bad loss. Uni is likely going to be outside the top 100 after the season.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
overrated all season

I don't think necessarily - skill wise it's there. The thing is that they seem to be too cocky. Look at the Buffalo (as well as first half of the Iowa game) game for example. They kept trying no look passes and alley oops that Buffalo (and Iowa) defended really well and stole and yet they continued to try it as if it was working the other times before that when they were disasters. Then the other team takes advantage of it.

This type of stuff doesn't need to be done. It can be easily corrected. Now they're missing Naz so it hurts.

hall4cy

Oct 22, 2007
Dallas, TX
News flash bud, Iowa St isn't next level.

And even if they were, next level teams lose games too.

Trust me, I am beginning to believe that by watching the last 3 games we have played. The only person on the team that has been consistent on a nightly basis is McKay. Monte is there most nights, but was completely out-played and out-hustled tonight.

Last edited:

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
They sleep through the first half. They are absolutely dominant down low all game long yet we settle for 3's down the stretch on 3-16 shooting. If they could lock down on the 3 point threat and keep feeding the post we win by 10 easily. Very frustrating to watch.
Win by 10 easily? Uni was obviously the better team.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
They will be a bubble team if they don't change their mental attitude very soon. Also the coach needs to be the coach and not their best buddy.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Trust me, I am beginning to believe that by watching the last 3 games we have played. The only person on the team that has been consistent on a nightly basis is McKay. Monte is there most nights, but was completely out-played and out-hustled tonight.

Georges had 29 tonight.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Do we fall to the mid teens?

Most likely - but maybe it'll teach the team a little humility. A little - I hope. I think UNC dropped by #9 after being #1, so i'm guessing about #15-20 for ISU. At least the next game is against another top 25 team where a loss wouldn't hurt as bad as this one.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Lots of season left. UNI is a good team.
I'd love to see ISU just not have to play comeback all the time.
Not sure what it will take to change that as it has been the norm for a few years now.

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
Everybody needs to relax. Everyone that plays us brings their "A" game. We simply cannot expect to win every game when other teams are that hot from the three. I still don't believe we won the Iowa game. This is a wake up call for the team. I saw this loss coming since the end of the Iowa game.

Just need to stop playing comeback. Need more than Georges playing a good game.

Is Prohm creating mismatches? Is he spacing the floor? Is he having good perimeter defense? This is what I think he/this team isn't doing well. Hopefully we can get it corrected. Even though we are 9-1, many of those wins have been ugly.

Last edited:

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Tonight seems like most, if not all of us were right. McKay and Niang down low were unstoppable. Did not use them enough.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I think the biggest thing that needs to be done is coming out of the locker room with the desire to defend. Letting guys get good looks from 3 at the beginning of the game really gets them comfortable with taking them. Once someone gets in a rhythm it is hard to stop them.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Everybody needs to relax Iowa and UNI are both great teams. Everyone that plays us brings their "A" game. This is a wake up call for the team. I saw this loss coming since the end of the Iowa game.

Everyone bringing their A game is a good point. When you're top 10, especially top 5, you're going to get everyone's best shot every single night. When you're something like #18, you'll get someone's awesome shot too but maybe not as good.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I think 30.

He's been fairly consistent too minus a game here or game there.

Let's not forget that UNI was ridiculous from 3 point range. Something like 60% - which is just insane. Some of that was our crappy defending, but some of that we defended OK or well and they still made it. There's not a lot of teams we'll play this year who shoot close to 60% from 3 point. I'd be surprised if we play more than 1 or 2 more games the entire season where the other team shoots over 55% from 3.