This is worse than public intox...

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
@Gonzo did @YeahBuddy pay you to fill in for him yesterday?

3:50 AM and I am still in your head, that is awesome.

I thought Snyder should have been suspended a game and think Wirfs should be as well.

It’s kind of funny, ISU fans are ripping on KF for being too strict with the Reiff punishment and then saying he is too soft If Wirfs gets 1 game.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

I thought Snyder should have been suspended a game and think Wirfs should be as well.

It’s kind of funny, ISU fans are ripping on KF for being too strict with the Reiff punishment and then saying he is too soft If Wirfs gets 1 game.

One guy got way too drunk and tried to responsibly get a ride home, something probably all of us have done, and one drove over the legal limit. So, yeah, it is kind of strange they got the same punishment.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I agree it's two different things. Running from the scene of a crime leading police on a chase is a very big deal.

So trying to get into a cop car is not a big deal? Grand Theft Auto? When people are drunk they do stupid things. Yeahbuddy's posts are proof of that.

Who knows at the time what Reiff could have done. Some people are funny, some are just tired, some get sick, and some get violent when they are drunk. You just never know what type of person they turn into. Bottom line is you just never know what to expect from a drunk person.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Wirfs shouldn't get more than one game. I think most people are just criticizing the inconsistent discipline and the message it sends.

Snyder - drove more than double the legal limit, no missed playing time

Reiff - public intox trying to order an Uber, 1 game suspension

Wirfs - OWI, assuming 1 game suspension

When you put them together it's definitely a head scratcher

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Is this worse than running from the scene of a crime and leading police on a foot chase where they don't know who you are, if you're armed, what you might be armed with... ?

That seems pretty serious. I'd think that'd bring a one-game suspension at the very least. No?

Little brother streeeeeeetch

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Wirfs shouldn't get more than one game. I think most people are just criticizing the inconsistent discipline and the message it sends.

Snyder - drove more than double the legal limit, no missed playing time

Reiff - public intox trying to order an Uber, 1 game suspension

Wirfs - OWI, assuming 1 game suspension

When you put them together it's definitely a head scratcher

Definitely worth a game at least. I would actually be fine with 2 games. He could have ruined his career, been killed or killed one of the passengers.

This, IMO, is worse than Snyder even though he had a lower BAC.

http://www.1630kcjj.com/2018/07/30/more-details-released-in-wirfs-owi-arrest/

• Informative
Reactions: CyTwins

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Who knows at the time what Reiff could have done. Some people are funny, some are just tired, some get sick, and some get violent when they are drunk. You just never know what type of person they turn into. Bottom line is you just never know what to expect from a drunk person.

I bet Reiff did more than just Uber home after being drunk. I know several of the Iowa City police officers, and the general unwritten policy is that if an athlete is drunk downtown you tell them to walk home first. They generally do not what to arrest athletes or students for that matter, unless they are causing a problem, which is a good policy IMHO. They definitely do not want anyone driving drunk.

• Funny
Reactions: rholtgraves

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron