This is worse than public intox...

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Cops at the scene who had to chase him down didn't know if he had a weapon or not. That's the point. But if you're cool with that going down and the guy not serving a game so be it.

So we have Gonzo on record in this thread saying that Peavy should have gotten a game, and Wirfs should get a game. So equal punishment for the two crimes.

That is how delusional Hawk fans are folks. Reality goes out the window when comparing the actions of an Iowa athlete vs and ISU athlete. In their minds over in IC, ISU athletes are thugs, but all the Iowa athletes that commit crimes just made a stupid decision (a mistake), but they'll learn from it.

Total hypocrisy. And that is why most Iowa fans are so hated throughout the country.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Y'all got trolled, and bad.

As Gonzo has said on other topics, he's being completely serious. Running from the cops is bad. Lying to the cops is ok. His words.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
So we have Gonzo on record in this thread saying that Peavy should have gotten a game, and Wirfs should get a game. So equal punishment for the two crimes.

That is how delusional Hawk fans are folks. Reality goes out the window when comparing the actions of an Iowa athlete vs and ISU athlete. In their minds over in IC, ISU athletes are thugs, but all the Iowa athletes that commit crimes just made a stupid decision (a mistake), but they'll learn from it.

Total hypocrisy. And that is why most Iowa fans are so hated throughout the country.
In defense of Gonzo, while his Peavy take was terrible, he did say he though Wirfs at least a 2 game suspension

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I can think of one reason he brought weapon argument in with Peavy and not Wifts, and it has nothing to do with the teams each of them play for.
If you're saying what I think you're saying... You might need to google a picture of Wirfs

• Winner
Reactions: stateofmind

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Is this worse than running from the scene of a crime and leading police on a foot chase where they don't know who you are, if you're armed, what you might be armed with... ?

That seems pretty serious. I'd think that'd bring a one-game suspension at the very least. No?

Yes.

Anyone driving is already objectively more dangerous than an unidentified person who may or may not be armed and on foot.

Anyone driving drunk is even more objectively dangerous.

For the record, I thought Peavy should have gotten at least some form of missed game time on stupidity alone. It wasn't David Irving level stupidity, but still stupid.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
If you're saying what I think you're saying... You might need to google a picture of Wirfs
Yeah, dumb on my part. I know Gonzo is not that way; I'm just used to some Iowa fans going there with our basketball players.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: YeahBuddy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Snyder was already out for the year with a re-torn acl when he got picked up. I don’t think he played after his arrest.

Yeah myself and other Hawkeye fans believe he should be suspended the opener otherwise you're showing your team you can get drunk and drive and not have to miss a game

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Will be interesting to see how KF handles this. This is WAY worse than what Reiff did. Reiff got screwed.... he shouldn't have even been arrested IMO. He was trying to do the right thing and avoid doing what Wirfs did. The cop should have taken him home and congratulated him for not trying to drive home drunk IMO.

Reiff should not be suspended at all. He did what was right, called an Uber. This is soooo much worse.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
In this day and age I don't know why people drink and then eventually drive even with one beer. It's just so cheap to not do. I defended that other guy that tried to get into a police car but this one, come on. Especially since he's under age.

Now a days even if I don't think I'm gonna drink but there's drinking at an event, I will just eat the $15. That's literally nothing. Even if he was.0002 or whatever, just take the Uber man.

If he was.0002 or whatever that damn under age limit was, he should obviously be punished but more of that "why even take that chance you idiot?" talk than anything.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
Reiff should not be suspended at all. He did what was right, called an Uber. This is soooo much worse.
Good intentions are all well and good, but if you can't comport yourself while intoxicated in a public setting, you're asking for trouble.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
In this day and age I don't know why people drink and then eventually drive even with one beer. It's just so cheap to not do. I defended that other guy that tried to get into a police car but this one, come on. Especially since he's under age.

Now a days even if I don't think I'm gonna drink but there's drinking at an event, I will just eat the $15. That's literally nothing. Even if he was.0002 or whatever, just take the Uber man.

If he was.0002 or whatever that damn under age limit was, he should obviously be punished but more of that "why even take that chance you idiot?" talk than anything.

Not defending the action but when you are drunk you don't think clearly so while the common sense decision sounds like a no brainer when you are drunk your thinking is impaired and your decisions are not always thought out that well. I'm not going to lie, I have driven home and probably would have blown over .08 if I got pulled over. I'm not proud of it but I bet a lot of us would be surprised what our BAC would be after just a couple beers as I am sure I have driven home a few times when I should not have and thanked God the next day I got home safely.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Not defending the action but when you are drunk you don't think clearly so while the common sense decision sounds like a no brainer when you are drunk your thinking is impaired and your decisions are not always thought out that well. I'm not going to lie, I have driven home and probably would have blown over .08 if I got pulled over. I'm not proud of it but I bet a lot of us would be surprised what our BAC would be after just a couple beers as I am sure I have driven home a few times when I should not have and thanked God the next day I got home safely.

Oh I agree 100000000%. One of my roommates worked for the police station and he took home one of the breathalyzers (probably not legal now that I think about it) but I remember after a couple beers I was real close to the 0.8 but I felt 100% fine. Like if I needed to, I would've driven easily. But that's what made me realize that anu drink I shouldn't. Even if I'm "fine", I shouldn't.

Have I drivenafter a couple drinks? Sure. Was I over.08 or whatever the limit was? Probably not but after seeing how easily it is to be over the limit, I've all but stopped if I need to dive. Give me public transportation or Uber please

• Winner
Reactions: khardbored