This is worse than public intox...

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Did cops at the scene know if Wirfs has a gun on him when pulling him over? Do cops ever know if someone has a weapon on them when they do anything?

You’re taking a hypothetical and comparing it to something that actually happened and expecting equal punishment for the two.

Wirfs didn't run.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
No, which is why Wirfs should be suspended at least a game and likely will be.
He needs to be suspended for at least 2 (and I think three depending on the BAC). The problem with Kirk giving Rieff a one game suspension is that if you also give Wirfs a one game suspension you're sending the signal that getting into a cop car while you're drunk should be punished the same as an OWI, and that's a terrible message to send.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
He needs to be suspended for at least 2 (and I think three depending on the BAC). The problem with Kirk giving Rieff a one game suspension is that if you also give Wirfs a one game suspension you're sending the signal that getting into a cop car while you're drunk should be punished the same as an OWI, and that's a terrible message to send.

Agree.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Assume he was. So you're saying there's no difference between someone being pulled over and complying with the cops while they do their job and someone who bolts and has to be chased down?

But how did the cops know when they went to pull him over that he wasn’t going to run? How did they know he didn’t have a weapon? How did they know his BAC wasn’t going to be .08 or higher? How did they know he didn’t have a dead body in his trunk? I know none of those things ACTUALLY happened, but I think he should still be suspended for the season because it’s possible they could have.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
But how did the cops know when they went to pull him over that he wasn’t going to run? How did they know he didn’t have a weapon? How did they know his BAC wasn’t going to be .08 or higher? How did they know he didn’t have a dead body in his trunk? I know none of those things ACTUALLY happened, but I think he should still be suspended for the season because it’s possible they could have.

Because he complied and cooperated. Not hard.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Don't you all get tired of having this same ******* argument after every offseason arrest?

Honestly, I rarely pay attention to the off season. I only originally read this because I thought it was going to be about Reiff, because I thought it was total bull **** that he got in any kind of trouble.

Reactions: jmb

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
At least one Iowa fan gets it

I've lost a couple buddies to drunk drivers, it's no joke to me. I also have a friend who's a cop in a ****** area outside Denver and I know how serious he takes it when someone runs and he has no clue what he's running into. It's a big deal. Reducing both to message board fodder is pretty dumb and I'll throw myself under the bus for doing it here.

• Agree
Reactions: intrepid27 and jmb

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I've lost a couple buddies to drunk drivers, it's no joke to me. I also have a friend who's a cop in a ****** area outside Denver and I know how serious he takes it when someone runs and he has no clue what he's running into. It's a big deal. Reducing both to message board fodder is pretty dumb and I'll throw myself under the bus for doing it.

I agree, what KF did with Snyder sends a disturbing message

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron