This is worse than public intox...

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Since he is under 21 the law in Iowa for minor bac is .002%

Let’s get the facts here before he is hung.
Yeah, what the bac is matters for me. If it's around .02, then I think 2 games is fine, anything around .08 should get him three, and if it's really high it should be 4 or more

• Funny
Reactions: ThriceHawk

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Wirfs deserves to miss a game and likely will. Calling out KF when your coach didn't sit Peavy after what happened is pretty bad.
The athletic department released at the time that the universitystudent code did not lead to punishment.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Did they know if he was or wasn't armed? Have you ever chased down someone from the scene of a crime not knowing if he had a gun on him? I haven't either, but I'd think it's a big deal.
Yes. Paint. Any more dumb questions.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I seriously have no idea. I'd think most would agree that being at the scene of a crime and then taking off from police trying to get away is a big deal.

So let’s say the crime charged is vandalism. Are you asking if vandalism of public property should be punished the same as drunk driving where you’re putting the lives of every single person on the road as you in danger?

I’m just trying to figure out what you’re getting at.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Drunk driving is a bad deal. Lets hope he has learned his lesson, and hopefully sloth doesn't put him in the hospital.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So let’s say the crime charged is vandalism. Are you asking if vandalism of public property should be punished the same as drunk driving where you’re putting the lives of every single person on the road as you in danger?

I’m just trying to figure out what you’re getting at.

At the time he took off and ran, the police had no idea who he was, what else may have been going on, or if he was armed. You can't deny that. So as far as those cops knew, when they took off to chase the guy they knew their lives were in danger because they had no idea what he had on him or what he was going to do. I'm not talking about the charge that ultimately came down. I'm talking about the act of running. That's a serious deal and not a good look.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
At the time he took off and ran, the police had no idea who he was, what else may have been going on, or if he was armed. You can't deny that. So as far as those cops knew, when they took off to chase the guy they knew their lives were in danger because they had no idea what he had on him or what he was going to do. I'm not talking about the charge that ultimately came down. I'm talking about the act of running. That's a serious deal and not a good look.
Please let this be an account hack.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

So what you’re getting at is that when I ran through corn fields in high school when cops busted our parties it’s the same and deserves the same punishment as a drunk person getting into a 2000 pound steel vehicle and driving down the same streets as other people and families going speeds anywhere from 30-70 mph?

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008

I don't think it ever got released to the public, but Peavy didn't even run. The guy he was with ran and the cops freaked out and arrested Peavy for running too. You don't have to believe me but it's the truth. Source: the cop that travels with the team

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So what you’re getting at is that when I ran through corn fields in high school when cops busted our parties it’s the same and deserves the same punishment as a drunk person getting into a 2000 pound steel vehicle and driving down the same streets as other people and families going speeds anywhere from 30-70 mph?

Well this wasn't a HS kegger. But yes, if you ask a cop if being led on a foot chase when you have no idea what the person may have on them is as serious as it gets, I'm pretty sure they'd say yes. And wasn't Wirf's bac like .02 or something? So if we're actually talking context, c'mon with your drunk 70 mph scenario.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Well this wasn't a HS kegger. But yes, if you ask a cop if being led on a foot chase when you have no idea what the person may have on them is as serious as it gets, I'm pretty sure they'd say yes. And wasn't Wirf's bac like .02 or something? So if we're actually talking context, c'mon with your drunk 70 mph scenario.

So you are okay with impaired driving. Got it.

• Creative
Reactions: octaviouspoon

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

If we’re talking actual context, how much did Peavy run, did he have a weapon and was he actually a threat to the police. C’mon with your stupid ass comparison.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I don't think it ever got released to the public, but Peavy didn't even run. The guy he was with ran and the cops freaked out and arrested Peavy for running too. You don't have to believe me but it's the truth. Source: the cop that travels with the team

I hope that's what happened. It would explain the 0 game suspension.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If we’re talking actual context, how much did Peavy run, did he have a weapon and was he actually a threat to the police. C’mon with your stupid ass comparison.

Cops at the scene who had to chase him down didn't know if he had a weapon or not. That's the point. But if you're cool with that going down and the guy not serving a game so be it.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Cops at the scene who had to chase him down didn't know if he had a weapon or not. That's the point. But if you're cool with that going down and the guy not serving a game so be it.

Did cops at the scene know if Wirfs has a gun on him when pulling him over? Do cops ever know if someone has a weapon on them when they do anything?

You’re taking a hypothetical and comparing it to something that actually happened and expecting equal punishment for the two.