*****The Super, Mega, Huge Big 12 Expansion Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I tend to believe that this is just posturing on Mizzou's part, in order to help the B12 hold some cards for the ongoing negotiations with Texas.

Now that OU is off the table, the only card that the B12 holds is Mizzou going to the SEC and blowing up the conference.

Certainly it's not quite as big of a stick as OU because the B12 could probably live on without Mizzou, but it is something for UT to consider.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I tend to believe that this is just posturing on Mizzou's part, in order to help the B12 hold some cards for the ongoing negotiations with Texas.

Now that OU is off the table, the only card that the B12 holds is Mizzou going to the SEC and blowing up the conference.

Certainly it's not quite as big of a stick as OU because the B12 could probably live on without Mizzou, but it is something for UT to consider.

Why do we think they are posturing at all? Deaton didn't give consent because he couldn't is the story people close to the situation give. It sounds like he needs to meet with his board, and that he was trying to convince them to give that rights consent.

Now that A/M is gone, I think Neinas will streamline him agenda and get UT to agree to share 1st and 2nd Tier, and Mizzou on board with the grant of rights. This needs to happen first, and then we start looing for a replacment or extra members.

HuddleUp

Jan 9, 2009
Kansas City
Why do we think they are posturing at all? Deaton didn't give consent because he couldn't is the story people close to the situation give. It sounds like he needs to meet with his board, and that he was trying to convince them to give that rights consent.

Now that A/M is gone, I think Neinas will streamline him agenda and get UT to agree to share 1st and 2nd Tier, and Mizzou on board with the grant of rights. This needs to happen first, and then we start looing for a replacment or extra members.

Today's KC Star article on MU/SEC:

Will Missouri follow Texas A&M out of the Big 12, into the SEC? - KansasCity.com

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
Deaton said he had curators who were interested in pursuing dialogue with the SEC. He has been open about it, and I am sure he is doing just as he said. At the end of the day Deaton has hinted as much as Neinas has stated that he believes Missouri will stay in the Big 12 when they are done talking.

I don't see anything sneaky going on. Let them talk, get their numbers, and realize the Big 12 is a better deal because I have news for some of you. It is.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
Chip Brown said on his show today that he has heard from several reliable Big 12 sources that the Big 12 is done if Mizzou leaves.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

From that link...

Posted: Today 10:55 AM
RE: Twitter from Big 12 writer.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a text Friday at 9PM saying that Louisville to the B12 was done...

edit: I was told the source was from inside the Louisville athletic dept....

Just passing on info. There is so much of it out there it is hard to know what is true or not.

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
I could see inviting BYU for next year and reserving Cincinnati and Louisville for when the Big East 27 month period ends.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa

Look Mizzou is NOT posturin g when they already tried to bolt for the big ten conf.

If the Texas Aggies are willing to give up the Texas series and go SEC, then common sense would lead one to believe that Mizzou would have NO problem saying goodbye to Kansas and KState.

Ain't the big 9 grate?...This year its the Aggies leaving and next year it will be the mighty tigers of mizzou moving south to sec-land...

Then in 2013 it will be Oklahoma moving west to the Pac Whatever....When you have unequal sharing and greed and the big boy syndrome this conference is DOOMED TO FAILURE....

Time for Jamie Pollard to petition every legitimate conference in this country including the big 10/12....for future admittance or just relegate us to the WAC or the MAC!!!

The Big 8 was great but the Big XII is just a total flipping FAILURE!!!:realmad:

Only good thing to happen since 2009 is that dan beebe got FIRED!!!!

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Chip Brown said on his show today that he has heard from several reliable Big 12 sources that the Big 12 is done if Mizzou leaves.

So what happens to the Big 12? Where are Texas and OU going? Pac already shot them down.

I'm not worried, but I just don't know HOW the Big 12 is done when it's clear that there aren't many other open options. It just makes room for more Big East schools to come on over.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006

This. I don't think for a second that Mizzou is interested in making this move. I work with a bunch of Mizzou alums, and this is totally different than last year. Everyone was excited about moving to the B1G last summer. None of them want anything to do with the SEC. Somebody had to pick up the torch to keep the pressure on Texas once it came out that OU didn't have the option to go west. The only school left that could make a reasonable bluff about leaving and blowing up the league is Mizzou.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
I see a lot of similarities between Mizzou fans and Texas A&M fans. They are both star struck with the SEC. They are both tired of losing to OU and Texas.

One of my best friends is a Mizzou fan and he wants to leave the Big 12. He is a mess right now. I've never heard him sound more irrational. He wants change for the sake of change. He can only think about the next 12 months - doesn't care about the next 20 years or even the next 5 years.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
This. I don't think for a second that Mizzou is interested in making this move. I work with a bunch of Mizzou alums, and this is totally different than last year. Everyone was excited about moving to the B1G last summer. None of them want anything to do with the SEC. Somebody had to pick up the torch to keep the pressure on Texas once it came out that OU didn't have the option to go west. The only school left that could make a reasonable bluff about leaving and blowing up the league is Mizzou.

If you check out the MU boards, I'll think you'll find a good number of "fans" who would like to move to the SEC.

And if you believe that KC star article linked above, so do Pinkel and Alden.

Word is football coach Gary Pinkel, the conscience for frustrated Big 12 programs, and athletic director Mike Alden see moving as the better option.

Read more: Will Missouri follow Texas A&M out of the Big 12, into the SEC? - KansasCity.com

Status
Not open for further replies.