The long wait until a very mediocre football season has begun!

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Got my parking pass for the Haunted Forest yesterday and a picture of a few of us doing Fortyhands popped on my phone this morning too. Looking to get a larger wheeled cooler and different canopy stakes to. I'm fired up already!!

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I’m curious why this thread got unlocked.

It takes quite the skill to pivot from a disappointment straight into ******** about football. Nice job!
This isn't your first offseason here. **** is just starting, it will get wild as **** in another 2-3 months.

• Funny
Reactions: nrg4isu

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This isn't your first offseason here. **** is just starting, it will get wild as **** in another 2-3 months.

But this was masterful….I’d expect ******** about basketball but to pivot to ******** about football? That’s high level stuff right there. And to tie it to a bad bowl game when the regular season was very solid? That’s *chef’s kiss* perfect.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I still have not forgiven Campbell for the Memphis game. Do they really have that much more team talent than we do?

Anyway, somebody tell me why I should be excited about this football season because I am not.

You should just leave. You are not excited about Cyclone Athletics. Don’t hang around here. Debbie Downer before the season even starts. JFC

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Anyway, somebody tell me why I should be excited about this football season because I am not.

With apologies to Rudyard Kipling, here's something called:

Shaddup, UnCytely

If you can keep your interest when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when UnCytely doubts you,
But not get pissed about his doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being dissed, don’t give way to dissing,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by haters to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the game you gave your life to, not a token,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all NIL winnings
And risk them on one turn of a portal boss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about a loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are still,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except Jack Trice who says to all: ‘I will!’

If you can play the Bears and keep your virtue,
Or march with Matt—not lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving fans can hurt you,
If all fans count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving season
With sixty-minute games of football fun,
Yours is the Big Twelve and all that’s within reason,
And—much more—you’ll be a Cyclone, my son!

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
I still have not forgiven Campbell for the Memphis game. Do they really have that much more team talent than we do?

It's a free world - choose not to be excited. Also, stand on your unforgivable principles and quit going to games and disconnect. Please.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I do kind of agree tho... the hype train is just not alive at all for me for football. Best case scenario for me is a win against Iowa (lol) and a bowl game win ending the season at 8 wins. I mean we got absolutely dominated on the LoS by Memphis. There is no world in which we have a top half of FBS O-Line next year. Defense will again be acceptable. I think 8-9 wins with a bowl game W would be a great season for this team
8-9 wins would be absolfreaking outstanding.

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: Aclone and CYDJ

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames

LOL. Anyway to get attention OP, in the negative sense no doubt. GO Cyclones!

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
In a given year, I agree. Campbell didn't fumble that punt in 2019. Campbell didn't comically fail at tackling Akrum Wadley in 2017. Campbell didn't throw 4 picks or fumble in the end zone in 2021. But.....

When it happens repeatedly over different classes and groups of players, that feels like a coaching issue.
Or talent issue.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
155 days until Kickoff against North Dakota -- the first of two wins in two weeks over teams with "Hawks" in their nicknames.

Reactions: DrClone and cytor

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
He’d probably create a thread on using a bathroom where the toilet paper is not going over the top just to complain about something.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Why is it the Eeyores can't take even one day off?
Imagine how they are in real life when they have to deal with actual problems that aren't 18-22 yr olds playing a game.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Are we starting the OL is going to be better threads already?
To be fair, the line did look OK at times. Take away a couple games where we ran for nothing, we probably averaged 150 yards in our other games. We sure did well against K State, but maybe it was just the snow. But yeah, when Ohio and Memphis can shut you down, there's a lot of room to improve. But, this is Clanton's first full year, let's assume he can work some magic! Go Clones!!

Reactions: DrClone

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
He’d probably create a thread on using a bathroom where the toilet paper is not going over the top just to complain about something.
Does that happen? OMG we need to riot if it ever happens at Iowa State.

:jimlad:

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
To be fair, the line did look OK at times. Take away a couple games where we ran for nothing, we probably averaged 150 yards in our other games. We sure did well against K State, but maybe it was just the snow. But yeah, when Ohio and Memphis can shut you down, there's a lot of room to improve. But, this is Clanton's first full year, let's assume he can work some magic! Go Clones!!
Ah **** they got you this early. Don't go into the light!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

The line did come along st times but I won't expect much.

Sadly that KSU snow game will be some sort of standard for some thar ignore how hard defense is to play in those conditions.

Sama is good, but he is not going to rip off 75 yard runs on the regular.

Help Support Us

Become a patron