The long wait until a very mediocre football season has begun!

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I still have not forgiven Campbell for the Memphis game. Do they really have that much more team talent than we do?

Anyway, somebody tell me why I should be excited about this football season because I am not.
Then don't be. Nobody gives a **** if you're excited or not.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm not sure how any red blooded Cyclone wouldn't be jacked to watch this team play. We have exciting playmakers all over the offense, an OL that seemed to improve significantly, and you can set your watch on the defense being hard nosed and solid (if unspectacular). It's year 1 of the wide open new look Big 12 and we have a shot at winning every game outside of Iowa and probably Utah.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'm not sure how any red blooded Cyclone wouldn't be jacked to watch this team play. We have exciting playmakers all over the offense, an OL that seemed to improve significantly, and you can set your watch on the defense being hard nosed and solid (if unspectacular). It's year 1 of the wide open new look Big 12 and we have a shot at winning every game outside of Iowa and probably Utah.
Looking at heading out to the Utah game.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Why do you think Iowa is unbeatable?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Why do you think Iowa is unbeatable?
Because of our results in that game under Campbell.

With the exception of 2022 it's our worst performance every single year. Hell, it might have been our worst performance in 2022, but they just found a way to go lower. Our game plan is almost always terrible (2019 was an exception) and we just find ways to completely choke. Until proven otherwise, I'm filing that game as a guaranteed loss.

It's at the point where I feel like Campbell almost enjoys losing that game to teach the team some kind of lesson. It's just baffling. He has a better record against Oklahoma.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Because of our results in that game under Campbell.

With the exception of 2022 it's our worst performance every single year. Hell, it might have been our worst performance in 2022, but they just found a way to go lower. Our game plan is almost always terrible (2019 was an exception) and we just find ways to completely choke. Until proven otherwise, I'm filing that game as a guaranteed loss.

It's at the point where I feel like Campbell almost enjoys losing that game to teach the team some kind of lesson. It's just baffling. He has a better record against Oklahoma.
Idk if I'd blame it all on Campbell. The players keep choking in those games. Game plan is certainly a legit point of contention I agree.