Texas looks ok to me...leading BYU

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
Off topic. But we should play K-State at the Sprint Center sometime soon. Maybe one season we play in Manhattan and KC, then the next we play at Hilton and KC. Get those KC games on Saturdays and I think we would show up strong.

No thanks. I'm not opposed to playing Mizzou or somebody out of conference down there. Let's keep conference games as home-home.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
A little surprised BYU pulled that out. Texas front court was pretty impressive. Big guys, tough to handle on offense and defense. Holmes, Ridley and Ibeh are a handful.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
You don't want our win over Texas x2 to look as good as possible?

Is Texas going to crack the top 25 this year? My guess is they will not...or not until very late in the year at best if they do. Right now, I want BYU to get hot and make some noise.

I think 100% that it's best for ISU to get as entrenched in the polls as early as possible in the season. The last couple years they didn't get established as a top 25 team until very late in the year, and got unfavorable draws. Is that a coincidence? Maybe not, but I feel like getting in the selection committee's crosshairs earlier as a legit team will do nothing but help with NCAA seeding.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Is Texas going to crack the top 25 this year? My guess is they will not...or not until very late in the year at best if they do. Right now, I want BYU to get hot and make some noise.

I think 100% that it's best for ISU to get as entrenched in the polls as early as possible in the season. The last couple years they didn't get established as a top 25 team until very late in the year, and got unfavorable draws. Is that a coincidence? Maybe not, but I feel like getting in the selection committee's crosshairs earlier as a legit team will do nothing but help with NCAA seeding.

You're exactly right. It's important to make our name early and then keep it out there.
We're positioning ourselves nicely right now for a good seed. Just got to keep it up. Of course, Fred will, so this is a nice spot.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
I do think Texas is going to be better than many have been giving them credit for. That said, they will still be fighting with OU for fifth on the high side, or battling with WVU, KSU for the 6/7/8 spot on the low side.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Texas won tonight, so that's a win for ISU.
BYU in the game with ranked Wichita St right now.

BYU at this moment has 4 ranked teams left on the schedule. UMass, Oregon, and Gonzaga twice. 3 of those are on the road, so it's not looking good for them to rack up a bunch of signature wins this year. Wichita St tonight is really a huge opportunity for them.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron