Tell me about Clifford Kwaw-Mensah

boblaporte

Sep 4, 2013
Iowa
I just saw film on him. I am no expert but he looks much better than others we have offered. Talk about big play potential, his kid is fast! Coach Pope needs to see as many Ames HS games as possible.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Ames High Aims High. Go little cyclones!

What is AHS's record this year? They going to the playoffs?

6-0 with DSM North, Sioux City North, and Johnston left.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I'd tell all other RB/WR recruits they are offering him and the first to commit is the last guy in. I'd offer the kid. In two years, we could really use a quicker smaller guy like that.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
My brother is the PA announcer for AHS games. He says the kid definitely needs to be a Clone. Wonder if the staff is slow-playing him or want him as a preferred walk on. Id hate to see him end up at UNI.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
My brother is the PA announcer for AHS games. He says the kid definitely needs to be a Clone. Wonder if the staff is slow-playing him or want him as a preferred walk on. Id hate to see him end up at UNI.
He appears to be too good to be a walkon.

Cyfan1843

Jun 30, 2009
Ames
According to some guy on the radio he isn't even in the top 3 for CIML RB's. I for get who some no name on 1700 but I'd take him. How much bigger can we get him and still keep his speed? He feels like a guy UNI loves to sign.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
I don't know what the coaches are looking at, but I hope they offer him soon. He's an Ames kid and almost unstoppable on the field. He is an absolute joy to watch. He is incredibly fast.

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
I swear every time I drive and tune into KASI for an Ames High football game Kwaw-Mensah rips off a huge run for a touchdown.

Just as I was pulling into my driveway he had a 54 yd td.

Last edited:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
He also dealt with a lot of injuries in college. Your point....
Yeah, and he looked slow as a freshman, before he "dealt with any injuries". My point is that it's easy to look "fast" against Iowa high school competition--especially as opposed to Texas or Florida competition.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Didn't someone say he posted a 4.38 40? How is that slow?
I didn't say a single thing about what he supposedly ran, or didn't. What I said is that it's easy to LOOK fast against Ioa HS competition.

I don't have a clue what he ran, or didn't run. Since he's been at ISU camps and is playing in CPR's back yard, I'm pretty sure that the coaching staff has a very good idea of just how good a football player he is--and whether he fits their needs or not.

I just don't see any reason to get all excited over a player the staff hasn't seen a need to offer. Yet.