Tell me about Clifford Kwaw-Mensah

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I didn't say a single thing about what he supposedly ran, or didn't. What I said is that it's easy to LOOK fast against Ioa HS competition.

I don't have a clue what he ran, or didn't run. Since he's been at ISU camps and is playing in CPR's back yard, I'm pretty sure that the coaching staff has a very good idea of just how good a football player he is--and whether he fits their needs or not.

I just don't see any reason to get all excited over a player the staff hasn't seen a need to offer. Yet.

Koolaid up or GTFO!

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
AMES, Ia. -- Clifford Kwaw-Mensah continued churning up the Ames High School rushing charts Friday.

Kwaw-Mensah rushed for 176 yards and four touchdowns. He now has 1,539 yards and 22 scores by rushing, both of which rank first in Class 4-A.

The senior is pursuing the Ames school record of 2,279 yards rushing by Aaron Greving set in 1998. Greving played in 12 games.

Kwaw-Mensah’s touchdowns covered 55, 6, 12 and 54 yards. He also caught a 26-yard pass for another score.

Ames quarterbacks combined to complete 16-of-20 passes for 219 yards. Sam Straub threw for two scores.

First downs: North 4; Ames 29
Rushes-Yards: North 26-13; Ames 45-355
Passing: North 15; Ames 219
Comp-Att-Int: North 6-19-1; Ames 16-20-0
Return Yards: North 0; Ames 80
Fumbles-Lost: North 1-0; Ames 0-0
Penalties-Yards: North 5-35; Ames 8-60

Looks like he scored five of Ames first six touchdowns, I'm guessing they sat their starters in the second half(if not before) otherwise his numbers probably would have been crazy.

High school football: Friday's other Class 4-A games involving CIML schools | Altoona Herald | desmoinesregister.com

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Went to the game last night. Got to talk to his dad and brother. Really nice folks. They said he is interested in being a Cyclone.

His speed is hard to assess in the game because usually he is running past people who look like they are standing still. His TDs tend to come right up the middle, not around the ends where he needs to beat people in foot races. The O-line for Ames is not big, but they are athletic and they built an offense for this sort of result. It also helps that the Ames QB is a multi-threat himself. He is big and strong as a runner, but keeps defenses honest with his arm and a stable of good receivers. The threat of the pass helps open up the middle for Clifford's great runs.

He looks like a man among boys when he gets the ball. He doesn't juke around much, but is very shifty with great acceleration. Most of the time, it looks like he is leaning one way, then quick steps the other way and just blows right by defenders. He would do this 2-3 times on a TD run.

boblaporte

Sep 4, 2013
Iowa
He is a big fish in a 4A pond. If not at running back there is still room for this kind of speed at ISU. Let’s go Paul, make an offer.

Help Support Us

Become a patron