Tell me about Clifford Kwaw-Mensah

boblaporte

Sep 4, 2013
Iowa
For those of us that don’t live in Central Iowa and have not seen him play; what is the reason for his success? The Ames R.B. is listed as the state’s 4A leader in rushing at 1042 yards, 8 yards/carry. He appears to be small but again is listed as the T.D. leader. Are we recruiting him?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I believe we are. His sister in my son's class at AHS. He is being recruited by Michigan, Iowa and ISU that I am aware. From what I was told he really wants to be a cyclone. Kid is about 5' 8" and is fast!! He's has 7-8 runs of 50 yards+ and just ran away from the d-backs. Good student and all around role model type athlete.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Pretty sure there was a thread a week or two ago if you look.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Wow. Looked at his highlights and he definitely has some speed and some moves. Could be a very good KR or receiver as well since he reminds me a bit of Jarvis West. Seems to have great vision and the ability to make people miss and covers a lot of ground in a hurry.

ttjjplum

Jul 28, 2006
Watched him against Ankeny last night; he is not very big, but he looked crazy fast. He had an extra gear and would just blow past defenders. Ankeny kids could never get the right angle of pursuit, thus the 321 rushing yards by half. Will be interesting to see how he does against some better defenses in the CIML

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Diminuitive backs with ridiculous speed and agility have had some pretty good success - at ISU (JJ Moses) and overall CFB more recently (tavon austin, jacquizz rodgers, an Oregon player who's name is escaping me).

Of course Aaron Wimberly isn't exactly big. With Syria, Mister as ~6'-0" 200# (more by the time they get a year or two of weight training and training table)- type backs, it would be great to have a contrasting style-type back.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Watched him against Ankeny last night; he is not very big, but he looked crazy fast. He had an extra gear and would just blow past defenders. Ankeny kids could never get the right angle of pursuit, thus the 321 rushing yards by half. Will be interesting to see how he does against some better defenses in the CIML

Didn't he have those yards (321) on only 10 carries?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Diminuitive backs with ridiculous speed and agility have had some pretty good success - at ISU (JJ Moses) and overall CFB more recently (tavon austin, jacquizz rodgers, an Oregon player who's name is escaping me).

Of course Aaron Wimberly isn't exactly big. With Syria, Mister as ~6'-0" 200# (more by the time they get a year or two of weight training and training table)- type backs, it would be great to have a contrasting style-type back.
Deanthony thomas

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA

He's racked up major yardage in every game so far, he looks crazy fast and elusive. Would love to see this guy end up at ISU, always nice having local kids on the team (especially when they have the talent).

Last edited:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
He's had over 200 yards every game except for their first game of the year, against Des Moines East.

His last two games, he's only played in the first half, and has had 581 rushing yards on 22 carries, against Fort Dodge and Ankeny. Thats almost 26.5 yards/carry.

He is not only one of the fastest players in the state, but I would say he is the hardest person to tackle in the state as well. He doesn't go down easy.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
He's racked up major yardage in every game so far, he looks crazy fast. Would love to see us take a shot on this guy, always nice having local kids on the team (especially when they have the talent).
He has lots of schools that may be willing to take a shot at him. Someone mentioned Michigan - a couple of his classmates told me that at least half the Big Ten schools (like Penn State, Wisc, Mich St.) are interested.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
He's had over 200 yards every game except for their first game of the year, against Des Moines East.

His last two games, he's only played in the first half, and has had 581 rushing yards on 22 carries, against Fort Dodge and Ankeny. Thats almost 26.5 yards/carry.

He is not only one of the fastest players in the state, but I would say he is the hardest person to tackle in the state as well. He doesn't go down easy.

We better not let EIU sign him. Four years of playing against fast would not be good.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
He has lots of schools that may be willing to take a shot at him. Someone mentioned Michigan - a couple of his classmates told me that at least half the Big Ten schools (like Penn State, Wisc, Mich St.) are interested.

Yea, what I meant is that I would love to see him at ISU

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I play with him. He's run a 4.38 multiple times. I'm not sure who told you guys the big 10 schools are recruiting him though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron