Talen Horton-Tucker next year

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Also thought I read at some point that Jacobson can shoot it from the outside but that just wasn't part of Nebraska's offense.
I'm an extremely busy man, but I went and looked up his three point shooting from the cap city league

1/5
3/8
2/6
0/5
0/4
1/2
2/4
1/6

25% for the season, not exactly setting the nets on fire

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Agree re: Young staying in the starting lineup. Tough to replace his grit, competitiveness, strength and, by next year, two years of experience in the Big XII.

I seriously doubt he supplants Solo in the starting lineup but if he's legit B12 talent, it will be nice to have some depth on the interior. It will allow all involved to be more aggressive rebounding and defensively.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Meaning playing against Big12 competition and with a college three point line would probably lower that number.
Maybe, maybe not. I think most of our guys shoot a pretty bad % in the summer league because they jack up a lot of bad shots. I would be surprised if Naz shot a higher % in the summer league than he did during the season.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Maybe, maybe not. I think most of our guys shoot a pretty bad % in the summer league because they jack up a lot of bad shots. I would be surprised if Naz shot a higher % in the summer league than he did during the season.
Like I mentioned, I'm very busy but I went back and looked at Naz's 3 pt stats in his final CCL season

4/8
2/11
2/10
10/30 (Holy chucker batman)
8/26
3/18
11/26

31% for the season.

I needed to be right about something so here are Georges' 3 pt stats his last year

4/12
7/12
5/13
10/17
2/2
4/10
4/10

47% for the season.

Clearly Naz is a gamer that needs real competition to play his best but Georges dominates the weaker competition. Obviously Jacobson is like Niang in this regard.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
We've got 6 spots pretty much locked up from playing time with NWB, Wigginton, and Shayok in the back court and Lard, Young, and Jacobsen in the front court.

Assuming we go 8, maybe 9 deep, that only leaves 2-3 spots for potential playing time. With the hype THT is getting I'd guess he gets major minutes as the first guy off the bench in the back court at the wing. Seems like Jacobsen will likely be first off the bench for the front court. So I'd guess the remaining PT will go to other back court players.

It'll be interesting to see how gets the PT in those last few spots. I think Halliburton and Conditt are likely to sit the first year minus scrub minutes in non-con. Long will be a junior with 2 years under his belt, he works hard but might not have the talent to beat out others. Lewis seems to have more upside than Long and will have a year in the system. Then there is Talley, who I'm not sure has enough versatility to fit into what we want to do on the court, and then Griffin seems to be a raw talent but is highly rated. Its going to be exciting to see how these guys develop and if any of them can push any of the veterans out of their more established roles.

For my money, I think we'll see starters of NWB, Wigginton, Shayok, Young, and Lard. Significant bench minutes from Jacobsen, THT, and Lewis.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: peteypie and isu83

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I think Lewis will need another year, breakout as a JR like Matt Thomas did once NWB and Shayok (hopefully not Wiggi too) are gone.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Would have been nice to have Shayok or THT yesterday. Lard and Brase struggled to defend Newman which is completely understandable. That's a tough assignment. THT/Shayok would have been perfect.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman