T.J. Tampa projected as first round pick going into NFL Combine

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
He’ll never make it to the 3rd round. Therefore he is a 1st or 2nd round pick. So 3rd round is absurd.

Absurd is saying that with absolutely certainty. You could have a second round run on OL or WR that completely skips over the DB position to no fault of his own.

In my opinion 1st and 3rd round are equally likely.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
All you had to do was answer the question, rather than start whining.

I’ll repeat it for you. Why do you think he’s only a second or third round pick?
I think he's great in coverage but I'm not sure he's as good at run stopping. Not that he's weak there but he's taking a large step up in competition.

He's also been avoided for so long there isn't a ton of video that shows him winning 50/50 battles or getting interceptions. If he performs well at the combine I could see him going round 1 but I would probably bet on round 2.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Absurd is saying that with absolutely certainty. You could have a second round run on OL or WR that completely skips over the DB position to no fault of his own.

In my opinion 1st and 3rd round are equally likely.

6’2” CB. Tampa will be sought much more than a WR. Only truly elite WR’s get drafted high. I would not risk gambling till Round 3 on Tampa. He’ll be gone.

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
Think it was smart for Tampa to play safe, but he definitely is missing out on an opportunity. Several CB’s out running blazing speeds today.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I feel like this is a tactical error.

I mean, no one was sure how well Breece would run, and (as mentioned above about TJ), there was a chance he’d run a mediocre time.

Instead, he tore off an incredible time. Created an immense amount of buzz.

Then used ISU’s pro day to prove it wasn’t a fluke—iirc.

TJ is denying himself half of that equation.
He's hurt.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
That website is pretty good. Far better than Walter Football site. I read the scouting reports from this site every year while doing research for my mock drafts. I feel that their evaluations are more accurate than most sites out there.

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
That website is pretty good. Far better than Walter Football site. I read the scouting reports from this site every year while doing research for my mock drafts. I feel that their evaluations are more accurate than most sites out there.
Walter is a compiler. Tons of info, but really lazy analysis.

He didn’t even know who our Anthony Johnson was last year in the draft. He thought GB drafted the Virginia guy.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
Not sure if anyone posted this:

Rasul Douglas is an interesting player comp.

Pretty good review overall. My concern is how deep CB is in the draft this year. I hope he doesn’t get lost in the shuffle with all of the guy who boosted their stock at the combine.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Chiefs let Sneed walk to make room for Tampa... let me dream!
I'm still bitter about the Chiefs beating Purdy in the Super Bowl, so I can't allow that dream to happen.

In all seriousness, as is with most players who fall to or sneak into the end of the first round, if TJ could land somewhere in that area (whether it be Kansas City, Detroit, or San Francisco) he'd be set up to be a part of a winning team as a rookie.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
I'm sure I'm very late to the party on this but didn't realize he had this kind of hops. :oops:

His high school basketball highlights are what had everyone so pumped when he committed. He hadn't played football until his Soph year of HS I believe, we're lucky that was the case.

Reactions: Aclone