T.J. Tampa projected as first round pick going into NFL Combine

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
T.J. Tampa is projected as a first round draft pick going into this weekend's NFL Combine.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
T.J. Tampa is projected as a first round draft pick going into this weekend's NFL Combine.

That would be awesome for him, but I still think he’s a 2nd or 3rd round talent. But maybe he’ll be the perfect fit for some team in round 1…. that would be great!

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Would love for TJ to be a R1 pick.

Interestingly Detroit is rumored by media outlets to be a landing spot for the Chiefs LJ Sneed if the Chiefs trade him.

Reactions: CloneBuilder

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
That would be awesome for him, but I still think he’s a 2nd or 3rd round talent. But maybe he’ll be the perfect fit for some team in round 1…. that would be great!

Ill trust the GM's on that. I have been off on so many "I think this guy is better or worse" Type situations in pro sports.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Iowa state with back-to-back first round draft picks?

source.gif

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I've seen several mocks with late 1st round landing spots, my packers as 1. I think the combine could help him. GB needs S/CB so I've seen his name along with Nubin, Rakestraw, Dejean.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I enjoy using this website as it compiles all of the mock drafts out there. Interesting to see so many having him go to Detroit before Kiper put his out there.

Yeah... I'm nuts for saying he's most likely a 2nd - 3rd rd talent. The above says I'm right on the money.

I said I'll be thrilled for him if he goes in round 1... and I hope he does. But I'm going to give my honest opinion on things folks.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
All you had to do was answer the question, rather than start whining.

I’ll repeat it for you. Why do you think he’s only a second or third round pick?

Just from watching him play at ISU for 4 years. I'm not a NFL Pro scout... I don't analyze how well he turns his hips or whatever it is they all look at. I know he can jump, which does help a lot, but that's all about timing your jump in coverage.

All I'm saying is... from watching him play for quite a while at ISU... his coverage skills overall to me look like a 2nd or 3rd round NLF cornerback talent. I don't know that he can be a shut down corner at the NFL level... but he can probably be a starter. Shut down corners get drafted in the the 1st round.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I would laugh my ass off if he was picked ahead of DeJean

I would too, but I really doubt we'll see that happen.

But I also don't think they will be playing the same position in the NFL either. DeJean has safety written all over him IMO. Or the STAR position... whatever they call that in the NFL?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron