Story about Cyclone Fanatic - Jeremy

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
The site started after Jeremy was posting updates on CycloneReport of Wayne Morgan's firing, and the ensuing coaching search. He started it as just a blog if I remember right than added forums.

This is correct, except the updates were on CN, not CR. Jeremy was reporting that Jeter would be hired, but it never happened. Back in those day Jeremy was much more liberal in providing information. This site was run like a free version of CR. How things have changed.

CN was never anywhere as big as this site is now. CN had guys like Acrozier22 and ISUFan22, but it was never as big. Acrozier was man back then.

Last edited:

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
This is correct, except the updates were on CN, not CR. Jeremy was reporting that Jeter would be hired, but it never happened. Back in those day Jeremy was much more liberal in providing information. This site was run like a free version of CR. How things have changed.

CN was never anywhere as big as this site is now. CN had guys like Acrozier22 and ISUFan22, but it was never as big. Acrozier was man back then.

Everyone was reporting Jeter would be hired. This is now the top Cyclone site so and I bet Jeremy is now in the in with different people so he has to watch what goes on here. Didnt he also start it because he and Deace had issues?

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
There was more...still looking through my PM's from survivor.

Oh, and Angie and CycloneErik, you're both backstabbers. :smile:

Hey, you didn't play in the one I did!!:cry:

Good work finding those answers again though:smile::cute:

Reactions: IcSyU

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Everyone was reporting Jeter would be hired. This is now the top Cyclone site so and I bet Jeremy is now in the in with different people so he has to watch what goes on here. Didnt he also start it because he and Deace had issues?

Jeremy was the first to report on Jeter, that's the whole reason I joined. I'm sure Jeremy has to operate different now and I respect that, but this site was a huge rebel at one point in time because it wasn't associated with Scout or Rivals. It gave out free premium information like debauchery on a Led Zeppelin tour. It was great

I can't speak on Deace, I do not remember that. I don't think Jeremy was every associated with CN or Deace though.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Family Fued challenge needs revamped. Still a solid idea:yes::yes::yes::yes:

I just shouldn't have asked a freshman about what athletes he liked:wink:

Hey! Sophomore nearly junior if you're talking about me!:confused:

I'm kinda interested to know where Jeremy's post is at from sometime around the survivor game time where he said why he started the site and stuff.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Sorry Sorry! Just having fun with you.

Was it in the thread? Or did he post something on the CF Birthday?

Hey! Sophomore nearly junior if you're talking about me!:confused:

I'm kinda interested to know where Jeremy's post is at from sometime around the survivor game time where he said why he started the site and stuff.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I remember the day when Jeremy was lambasted on CN for announcing that he was starting CF. I *believe* I was initially a low-two digit member number, as I joined an hour within his announcement, but due to, ahem, "technical difficulties", (for which I am to blame) I no longer hold that number.

Not long after that, CN started banning people, then attempted to buy CF, but bad ju-ju nixed that deal.

Though sometimes I miss my old CN buddies. Especially some of the hawkfans, with which we'd get these huge, completely put-up battles. One of those guys I used to PM and we'd strategize what outlandish things we'd "fight" over next.

"sniff", I miss Grayer, though...

Reactions: cyco2000

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I found the site just like CyforPresident. I remember things were getting tense on the CR free boards shortly after the end of Morgan's last bball season, and as the firing and subsequent hiring broke, I came over to CF and so did many people. Next thing you know, CR was a pay only site. March '06 represent!

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
The site started after Jeremy was posting updates on CycloneReport of Wayne Morgan's firing, and the ensuing coaching search. He started it as just a blog if I remember right than added forums.

And wasn't the Morgan info being funneled to him from inside the basketball team? Like a manager perhaps...

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
And wasn't the Morgan info being funneled to him from inside the basketball team? Like a manager perhaps...

Which is why when Jeremy says that there was more to the Morgan firing than the public knows or ever will know about I tend to believe him. Morgan was a mediocre coach that produced mediocre results, but the firing came off as "odd". I've heard enough people connected to the athletic department, especially Jeremy, say that something "else" went down, and I tend to believe it.

By the way, I wasn't on CF back in those days (unfortunately). It wasn't until I was hearing murmurs from several Cyclone fans that I knew that people weren't happy with McCarney and there was a "movement" in place to get him fired. Started doing web searches and found myself here. Little did I know the ****storm I had plunged myself into (if anyone remembers the McCarney postings from fall of 2006), but I enjoyed posting here anyway, so I stuck around... :wink:

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Hmm, how much more productive would my life be if I hadn't found this website......

Like many others here, I came on looking for info during the Morgan and Mac coaching changes. I had been on a few times before the introduction of the forums just to read Jeremy's blog. As I recall alarson83 was the one who pointed me over here for the first time. It was a great source of info then and its a great source of over the top speculations and rumors now!

Help Support Us

Become a patron