Story about Cyclone Fanatic - Jeremy

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Oh yeah...sorry Angie!

(even though I think all 3 of you were to blame come to think of it...)

The three of us were lined up from nearly the beginning. One Saturday, we were discussing strategy, so I lined up an elimination list, which we followed to the end. It was awesome:yes:

The best part was the challenge where you carried the whole team, and we realized that we might need a fifth person before we hit the merge, and started a "new" alliance that day. Oh, that was a beautiful time.:wink:

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I remember the day when Jeremy was lambasted on CN for announcing that he was starting CF. I *believe* I was initially a low-two digit member number, as I joined an hour within his announcement, but due to, ahem, "technical difficulties", (for which I am to blame) I no longer hold that number.

Not long after that, CN started banning people, then attempted to buy CF, but bad ju-ju nixed that deal.

Though sometimes I miss my old CN buddies. Especially some of the hawkfans, with which we'd get these huge, completely put-up battles. One of those guys I used to PM and we'd strategize what outlandish things we'd "fight" over next.

"sniff", I miss Grayer, though...
I think you are speaking of BojiHawk(Brad)-he was a hoot.

I will never forget Grayer's "Hawk Suck" debacle. But how dare you put CN up on a "pedal"-damn funny times. :biggrin:

Add:
What about ISC-I think he embodied 'father time'-

Last edited:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
hey guys, try to tone down the attacks on other site owners.

Thanks,

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
The best part was the challenge where you carried the whole team, and we realized that we might need a fifth person before we hit the merge, and started a "new" alliance that day. Oh, that was a beautiful time.:wink:
That day was very fun. All the stupid crap I did while driving from place to place. I think that was the last time I ate at A&W. :sad:

Apparently Jeremy has a real world life today. No answers yet. :wideeyed:

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Just a heads up - Jeremy is working a huge project at work, so you may be waiting awhile.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
That day was very fun. All the stupid crap I did while driving from place to place. I think that was the last time I ate at A&W. :sad:

I was just thinking about A & W at work around 8ish this morning.:wideeyed:

I remember that we were blown away at how you stepped up and took over that challenge. That was an impressive contribution. As the three of us talked about it, we knew that we couldn't exactly boot you out with that. It would give us away. But, there were other ways to make it work..........

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Join Date March 2006 representing.

I remember when ISU was going to hire Jeter. Those were the days.

I signed up 5 days before you - that was a pretty funny time. I wish I could go back and see some of my posts from then.

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
Uggggghhhhhh I am 3553 on the sign up list........It took me that long to find this.....I need to thank Psyclone Brian for telling me about this site. BUT I am finally a member of a cool site

MaxPower57

Mar 30, 2006
Another March of '06er in the house. That was a pretty cool time, the site was kind of underground which I liked. As more people joined I guess it had to evolve.

I remember my main topic at the beginning of posting was how much I hated Taggart. Good times!

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
Which is why when Jeremy says that there was more to the Morgan firing than the public knows or ever will know about I tend to believe him. Morgan was a mediocre coach that produced mediocre results, but the firing came off as "odd". I've heard enough people connected to the athletic department, especially Jeremy, say that something "else" went down, and I tend to believe it.

I HATED going to the postseason. These past 3 years have been so much more fun!

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I was #5067....holy crap there are a ton of people with usernames. Most of the people who signed up around me have never posted.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
I was #5067....holy crap there are a ton of people with usernames. Most of the people who signed up around me have never posted.

I will say that I know of at least 5 or 6 people that do not post on this site after being bullied off, or see people get bullied, but they still come here to get info....

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
A friend of mine told me about the site back in March of 06. I registered, and when I got the confirmation email, I noticed that the address looked familiar, so I responded. I didn't realize that Jeremy(who is my brother in law) had started a website. He never mentioned it at family gatherings, and I had to find out through the grapevine.

l2alphmacchio

Jul 10, 2006
West Des Moines
Visit site
Speaking of which, there are several users that their last activity was on the day that they signed up. Has Jeremy or any of the mods ever talked about getting rid of these members? I know of several people that have never posted, but still login quite normally. I'm talking about the people who haven't logged in since the week they signed up at least 2 years ago...

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
Speaking of which, there are several users that their last activity was on the day that they signed up. Has Jeremy or any of the mods ever talked about getting rid of these members? I know of several people that have never posted, but still login quite normally. I'm talking about the people who haven't logged in since the week they signed up at least 2 years ago...

Or maybe oldfart, oldfart2, and oldfart3? (Unless those were test names Jeremy was using to test the login process on Day One?)

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I think you are speaking of BojiHawk(Brad)-he was a hoot.

I will never forget Grayer's "Hawk Suck" debacle. But how dare you put CN up on a "pedal"-damn funny times. :biggrin:

Add:
What about ISC-I think he embodied 'father time'-

Yeah, I grew up coincidentally with Brad. Forgot his "handle" when typing that post. He and I would brainstorm different ways to go off on each other via PM and then try to see how many folks we could induce into taking one or the others' completely phoney, b.s. argument.

But the best post EVAH was when ISC admitted to molesting little girls in the Phillipines.... EPIC!!! Something I just didn't see coming. Only on the interrnet.