Storr Responds

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. KJ was our coach, who is a great person and alum, and most considered him soft when it came to coaching. He did pretty damn well back when UFC was basically no holds barred too.
Sometimes people can't teach or learn in the ways their talent would make us think they can.
you hit the nail right on the head of the past problem with ISU wrestling

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Totally not Storr related-also not ISU related, but did anyone else watch the Penn State tOSU dual? Incredible! PSU wins 19-18. #1 Kollin Moore tastes defeat for the first time this season and Kyle Snyder fails to major or better #6 Nevills to secure the dual for the Buckeyes..Snyder also gave up two takedowns to the Penn State kid as well.

I did and it was fun to watch. My impression of Snyder was that he gave up at least one (or more) of those takedowns because he tried to throw the guy. The lateral drop slipped and he ended up giving up the 2. He's lucky he didn't get caught and pinned. Snyder knew he needed back points or a pin for a team win so I give him credit for going for it. Most wrestlers won't risk it in that situation. I also give PSU guys credit for being aggressive. All of the PSU guys wrestled aggressively.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I did and it was fun to watch. My impression of Snyder was that he gave up at least one (or more) of those takedowns because he tried to throw the guy. The lateral drop slipped and he ended up giving up the 2. He's lucky he didn't get caught and pinned. Snyder knew he needed back points or a pin for a team win so I give him credit for going for it. Most wrestlers won't risk it in that situation. I also give PSU guys credit for being aggressive. All of the PSU guys wrestled aggressively.

I think he could of got the major if he would of stuck to his regular takedowns. That would of put it into criteria at 5 matches a piece with both having a TF and 2 majors each. So then goes to total match points?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think he could of got the major if he would of stuck to his regular takedowns. That would of put it into criteria at 5 matches a piece with both having a TF and 2 majors each. So then goes to total match points?

The announcers said it was Ohio states on criteria. Not sure what the order of criteria is. I know that we had a HS one last year decided on amount of first takedowns and that's a ways down.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
The announcers said it was Ohio states on criteria. Not sure what the order of criteria is. I know that we had a HS one last year decided on amount of first takedowns and that's a ways down.

If that was the case, Snyder panicked with that throw.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Honestly, I'm getting old, so take it with a grain of salt, but a lot of this situation screams what is stereotypically wrong with millennials that I encounter having them as employees. Don't want to put the work in, but require constant "positive" feedback, then when something doesn't go their way, or they under perform, or do something wrong, they expect their feelings to be picked up off the floor for them, they blame others and/or run away instead of looking inward. What makes this situation hit so hard home for me, is this is wrestling, where individual toughness is the epitome of the sport. I know I probably get blasted for this, but, be a man.

OOTClone

Jan 3, 2017
If that was the case, Snyder panicked with that throw.

The announcers were wrong. PSU was up by 12 match points going into heavyweight, meaning Snyder had to win by 13+ for tOSU to win. This helps explain A LOT of what Snyder was trying to do. He didn't look as sharp as usual, but the Yarygin and travel was probably 90% of that with the other 10% being he knew he needed BIG points.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: CyGold and buf87

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
There is never a proper justification for mentally or physically abusing someone. Never

I'd be very curious to hear your thoughts on the training our soldiers receive. Like it or not, that is often used as a comparison.

That said, the era of coaches being physical with players at all, even a little bump, is basically over. Our staff needs to get on board with that or potentially see more of this kind of headline.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'd be very curious to hear your thoughts on the training our soldiers receive. Like it or not, that is often used as a comparison.

That said, the era of coaches being physical with players at all, even a little bump, is basically over. Our staff needs to get on board with that or potentially see more of this kind of headline.
I've met Dresser. That will not be happening.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007

Have you ordered your ***** HAT? YOU NEED IT.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Eric Olanowski‏ @EricOlanowski 4h4 hours ago
1f6a8.png
Ann Arbor Rumor Alert
1f6a8.png
Former Iowa State Cyclone, @kstorr_ISU is headed home to wrestle for the University of Michigan. Will join Ben Freeman and Joey Silva as the projected 141 pounders.
303d.png
#

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

What kind of military training were you referring to?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Will be interesting.
Steven Micic is at 133 and a Sophomore
Joey Silva is going to be a freshman next year and projected at 141 & is #6 overall in senior class and #1 ranked 138 pounder by Flo.
Ben Freeman is a freshman at 141
Sal Profaci (current starter at 141) is a sophomore
Malik Amine & Zac Hall are both Juniors at 149

NYWRESTLER94

Oct 14, 2015
Will be interesting.
Steven Micic is at 133 and a Sophomore
Joey Silva is going to be a freshman next year and projected at 141 & is #6 overall in senior class and #1 ranked 138 pounder by Flo.
Ben Freeman is a freshman at 141
Sal Profaci (current starter at 141) is a sophomore
Malik Amine & Zac Hall are both Juniors at 149
I think he could man 141 for a year with freeman as his biggest challenge maybe he moves up after that. I don’t see Amine beating him out and zac Hall no longer wrestles

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I think he could man 141 for a year with freeman as his biggest challenge maybe he moves up after that. I don’t see Amine beating him out and zac Hall no longer wrestles

Very possible. If this is true, he has some real good competition. And can’t transfer again

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Ben Freeman I see is the son of Al Freeman, who I think was a one or two time Iowa state champion for Griswold around about 1977, 1978.

Al I think is a buddy of former ISU great Kelly Ward, who I think coached Al for at Nebraska. A couple of years ago Kelly was on a podcast linked to this board. At that time Kelly worked for the Secret Service and was in charge of security for Janet Yellen, Chairwoman of the Federal Reserve Board.

Here is a link and a blurb on Ben Freeman from the UM site:

http://mgoblue.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=15208

Father wrestled at Nebraska (1978-83), where he was an NCAA finalist and two-time All-American under former Michigan standout Bob Fehrs

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron