Storr Responds

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He put that together, and honestly it reads well for him. I don’t know much about the rest of the story, and there are always two sides. It’s a hell of a bridge to burn if it’s not true.
I don’t know how much of the intensity of the staff is “normal” or not. I’m very excited that they are all at ISU.

HARMCYN

Jan 20, 2012
Cambridge, IA
Not a good look but hard to know whats real. Hard time believing Zadick wouldn't watch film with our best wrestler.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The shove should be easy enough to verify. He indicated that it happened as he was walking off the mat.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
No one looks good in these types of situations. I can understand him wanting to get his side of the story out, but he probably would have been better off leaving it alone.

Will be interesting to see if we ever hear anything on the phone records. If the Paulson's were calling him the weeks leading up to all this, that makes this tweet basically worthless.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
So his story is he tried really hard and the staff just wouldn't work with him and Zadick just randomly tells him to get on board or get out? IF Zadick said anything even close to that, I'm guessing there had been prior conversations and issues with Storr about not fully buying in. I'm willing to accept that our staff may be at fault to an extent but this victim **** he's trying to sell is bs.

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
The truth is usually somewhere in the middle, right? I was at the dual, there was definitely a shove. I have no idea what Dresser said to Storr as he was walking off the mat, or if Storr responded.

• Agree
Reactions: enisthemenace

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I think there may be some truths in his story hear but I also don't feel like Kanen is telling the whole truth either. I don't believe that Zadick is going to tell one of the best wrestlers on the team that if he doesn't like it he can leave. Metcalf probably didn't do the right thing by pushing him off towards the back but at what point are they justified in asking if you Kanen is committed to the team or not.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
No one looks good in these types of situations. I can understand him wanting to get his side of the story out, but he probably would have been better off leaving it alone.

Will be interesting to see if we ever hear anything on the phone records. If the Paulson's were calling him the weeks leading up to all this, that makes this tweet basically worthless.

BS. You can't blame the kid for being fed up with the coaches' story being the only one out there being told.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I do find the Paulson/landlord thing interesting. I hardly ever talked to my landlords in college, and I rented from Ev Cochrane (woof).

• Informative
Reactions: RezClone

RUNx365

Mar 23, 2015
-Well this got ugly fast.
-No one will end up looking good.
-Paulsons will never be welcome back in Ames. Ever.
-Anyone find it strange that a coach at another university is the landlord for an ISU athlete? That seems ethically questionable at best.
-There is no way the WVU meet was the first time this stuff came up. It had to be boiling for a while.
-Interesting he admits that Paulsons were contacting him.
-Claiming emotional abuse by ISU is probably a decent strategy to get Paulsons off the hook.
-I wonder if a lawyer helped him draft this statement.
-I’m glad the staff told him to pack his stuff. No point in wasting coach’s time or varsity matches on someone that is already telling you they want to leave.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The truth is usually somewhere in the middle, right? I was at the dual, there was definitely a shove. I have no idea what Dresser said to Storr as he was walking off the mat, or if Storr responded.
If there was a shove, the rest sort of loses its importance, imho. No reason for that to happen. That's a failure on the coaching staff.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
BS. You can't blame the kid for being fed up with the coaches' story being the only one out there being told.
What story have the Coaches exactly told? The only thing that has been addressed is the contact by former coaches and then Zadick stated that it just wasn't working out between the 2 sides. So I'm struggling with your logic of him having a story along with the coaches.

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
-Anyone find it strange that a coach at another university is the landlord for an ISU athlete? That seems ethically questionable at best.

Cael owns about a dozen rental properties in Ames. His assistants and Varner also own a few. Don't know if any ISU athletes live in them.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz and eclone

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
What story have the Coaches exactly told? The only thing that has been addressed is the contact by former coaches and then Zadick stated that it just wasn't working out between the 2 sides. So I'm struggling with your logic of him having a story along with the coaches.

The story about the contact with former coaches is the only story that's been out there. So if that's not the case or if there's another side from the kid's perspective, why should he be slammed for telling his side.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Cael owns about a dozen rental properties in Ames. His assistants and Varner also own a few. Don't know if any ISU athletes live in them.
If Carl owns that many along with others they are using a property manager right?

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
The story about the contact with former coaches is the only story that's been out there. So if that's not the case or if there's another side from the kid's perspective, why should he be slammed for telling his side.
Well it's not really a story when phone records indicate there was contact, so the coaches have a reason to be suspicious.

• Agree
Reactions: buf87