Showing crying kids on TV

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
...I don't even like when they close up of the players in their last moments as a college basketball player.
I get that it adds to the drama, but I'm just not a fan.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Except hot chicks taking selfies. That's acceptable.

Or even gals taking selfies of themselves crying when their team loses. Acceptable cause they are adults and already sharing via selfies!

Not a fan of crying kids pics re: Hoiberg kids last year.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
wait for GIFs of that to be all over the internet, and used by people trolling Kansas boards.

I hope not. I hope we're better than that.

I was disgusted when they used Hoiberg jr...I'm equally disgusted that they have shown this little guy more than once. Damned grown adults making fun of children. Pisses me off.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
The kid was representing ESPN for all the hype on Andrew Wiggins over the year that went down the tube. Wiggins (4 points), Ellis (9 points and a ton of missed bunnies), Seldin Scores(2 points) and Embiid (big stares) by being on the bench, in the end, did not make this game close. It was more Tariq Black (18 points)the graduate who fouled out and Frankenstein camp (12 points).

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Normally I would agree, wrong. But it was Kansas, so I could care less and actually felt quite justified after their fans made fun of Jack last year.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
You must enjoy "One Shining Moment". No crowd shots in that at all.:rolleyes:

One shining moment sucks. I'd like to see all the amazing plays. Not some preppy cheerleading waving her pompoms.

One Shining Moment was a favorite of mine for years...remember Homan's monster block that went about 12 rows up into the stands? I think the quality dropped dramatically the year they put that AI dingbat on there. It was no longer an homage to the players and those involved in the tournament, it was all about her. It may be that they have a new production team, because even though they went back to Luther's mellow tones they are showing less basketball, and are too focused on the final two teams.

I really enjoyed it when they made the effort to include clips from every team that made the Sweet 16 plus a few special first round upset clips. Now, it's mostly the champion's road. Yes, they won, but every team had at least ONE shining moment...we need more variety.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron