Shooting at Tech

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
From what I can tell this seems like a relatively isolated incident. Doesn’t sound like a mass shooting situation.

Still terrible and hopefully no one else is hurt but I think people are to quick to jump to mass shooting right now.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Looks like a drug bust gone bad, not a "mass shooting."

One police offer fell in the line of duty.

Still terrible, obviously.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Per CNN:

"Earlier this evening, Texas Tech Police made a student welfare check. Upon entering the room, officers found evidence of drugs and drug paraphernalia. Officers brought the suspect to the police station for standard debriefing. During this time, the suspect pulled a gun and shot an officer in the head. The officer is deceased. The suspect fled on foot and is currently still at-large. Texas Tech University campus is on lockdown. We will update as more information becomes available."

Isn't it SOP to search the person being detained for weapons/drugs before taking them to the station?

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Per CNN:

"Earlier this evening, Texas Tech Police made a student welfare check. Upon entering the room, officers found evidence of drugs and drug paraphernalia. Officers brought the suspect to the police station for standard debriefing. During this time, the suspect pulled a gun and shot an officer in the head. The officer is deceased. The suspect fled on foot and is currently still at-large. Texas Tech University campus is on lockdown. We will update as more information becomes available."

Isn't it SOP to search the person being detained for weapons/drugs before taking them to the station?

Damn that's nuts

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Per CNN:

Yeah, certainly don't want to blame the victim, but seems like someone ****** up here.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Per CNN:

Holy ****. That’s nuts. I can’t beleive he made it all the way into the police station with a gun.

There was obviously something up if they were doing a welfare check when he was detained.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I am not a cop, so I do not know standard operating procedure on something like this, but I am surprised there was not a pat-down at some point.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Looks like a drug bust gone bad, not a "mass shooting."

One police offer fell in the line of duty.

Still terrible, obviously.
From what I can tell this seems like a relatively isolated incident. Doesn’t sound like a mass shooting situation.

Still terrible and hopefully no one else is hurt but I think people are to quick to jump to mass shooting right now.

I saw zero people jumping on the mass shooting narrative at all, so these are irrelevant.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Per CNN:

Sorry, but wtf were they thinking...

• Disagree
Reactions: Macloney

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I may be wrong so somebody correct me if I am, but what are the laws on patting down a person who isn’t under arrest and not posing a threat while just being questioned by police? I wonder if they just found a little weed and a pipe and wanted to question him at the station, meanwhile if he isn’t posing a threat and cooperating and not under arrest, do they always frisk you regardless?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron