Rumor has it...three Big 12 teams were unwilling to commit to ...

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
All kinds of what-ifs over the last decade. OSU and Tech probably wishing that the UT\OU\OSU\TTU pac-12 thing had happened a decade ago now.

And I bet most schools in the Pac-12 in hindsight wish that they would have accommodated UT to pull off that move back then.

cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Apples and oranges in my opinion. We haven't ever asked for more than an equal share of revenue, haven't asked for any other preferential treatment, and would have been in the Big 12 for the long haul. Texas and OU have forced everyone into scramble mode.

I won't consider any remaining 8 team scumbags for leaving. It's so unstable right now you're forced to do something.

Agree. There is no more "Big 12" as we know it. It is done. When TX/OU walk the money just isn't there any more to be considered a power conference. Any team left that has an out to a power conference must (and will) take it. Anyone trying to band together, has no other alternative. I think the 8 may band together for a while but the goal for everyone of them will be to get out as soon as they can... just like the AAC, MW, etc. If you can be in a power conference you will go.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I think this rumor is false.

I don’t trust anything Mhvr says
(or whateverthehellhishandleis)

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I would say other school's fans would be jealous, even resentful if we get a soft landing and others don't. But not like the hatred we ALL reserve for UT, OU and the SEC.
That’s fine. We didn’t play our hand the way we did, if “soft” landing for ISU, until we obviously were forced to. There’s still a lot of bs to pan out for that even to happen.

Reactions: Bestaluckcy

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
My opinion on this, is the final 8, are exempt from any guilt. We are all left with doing what we have to to insure the best for our institution. I will hold no ill will towards any of the 8 refugees doing or going where they can or have to at this point. (As long as they dont purposely damage us to get ahead).

We final 8 were put in this spot by dealing with UT and OU for the last 25ish years, and the first round of defectors a decade ago. Ultimately, no matter what we all know it was dealing with UT from the start that caused it, but at this point the final 8 just need to do what they need to do, it is no fault of any of them or us, we did what we could to make this work for everyone for 25 years, but its time to move on and hopefully secure a better option.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
No way...once Tx & OU "leaked" their intentions...this league was done! No chance to save it...at least not remotely salvaging it at a level to which it currently was! So if ISU and KU jumped somewhere tomorrow (I know...that isn't happening...just saying)...Tx and OU caused that situation...it is completely independent of ISU and KU's decisions that will be coming afterward.

All the schools that ever demanded larger monetary shares of the conference money have now fled for conferences with equal distribution of revenues. Bevo, OU, aTm, Nebraska.

Greedy little **** stains from day one.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
That scenario won’t happen—as KU would be grabbed before ISU for the B1G. PAC won’t be interested in Baylor and TCU anyways. So it would be KSU/OSU/TTU/ISU for the PAC with no other suitor to nab ISU’s spot if they don’t jump on the PAC.

Maybe, but I guess I don’t see why if it’s football that is driving everything.

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
One standard rule in business:
You have to take care of yourself, as no one else will.

And this Hollywood Squares shenanigans is all business.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
My opinion on this, is the final 8, are exempt from any guilt. We are all left with doing what we have to to insure the best for our institution. I will hold no ill will towards any of the 8 refugees doing or going where they can or have to at this point. (As long as they dont purposely damage us to get ahead).

We final 8 were put in this spot by dealing with UT and OU for the last 25ish years, and the first round of defectors a decade ago. Ultimately, no matter what we all know it was dealing with UT from the start that caused it, but at this point the final 8 just need to do what they need to do, it is no fault of any of them or us, we did what we could to make this work for everyone for 25 years, but its time to move on and hopefully secure a better option.
Guilt is one thing, but they are all still contractually obligated. If there aren't enough teams with a landing spot to vote to dissolve the league we may have to ride this thing out till 2025.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
You get the coveted Kansas City market….full of Mizzou FB/KU BBall fans. Not even sure if anyone in KC cares about CFB anymore after the Chiefs have come up.
Whenever I'm in the KC area I think I see more people wearing ISU gear than Mizzou, KU and KSU combined. But maybe its just because I notice it more.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
So let's say we get leveraged by the Pac before we get an offer from the BiG. Basically all 12 of the comitt to stay and they want to add four, offer us, KU, KST and OKST, but caveat it with we'll take Tech if you can't co.itt now. Do you accept or roll the dice?
Accept.